Me and a buddy are taking his canoe out Sunday morning, hoping you guys could recommend a place that actually has action lately. Our usual favorites (Chauncy and Maspenock) have been dead lately so we're looking for something different. We are paddle only right now. Something nearish to the 495 belt is preferred as I live in Franklin, he lives in Billerica and we like to meet somewhat inbetween. 95 belt and the pike between 495-95 can work as well. Thanks guys.

Posted Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:13 am

WHITEHALL RES IN HOPKINTON

Posted Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:16 am

mirimishi in planville its right off 495 message me if you want

Posted Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:27 am

Thanks for the quick response, I haven't fished at Whitehall yet. Any general area of the lake to stick to?

Posted Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:27 am

I've been to Mirimichi, might be a bit too far out of the way for my buddy though, plus he's the one who has to drag the canoe down in his pickup. I didn't have much luck there before, but was only fishing from the bridge. Also was almost killed by some a-hole who was apparently driving blindfolded

Posted Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:37 am

near the bridge is the worst area to fish thats why.

Posted Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:52 am

that fish im holding in my profile picture is from mirimishi....

Posted Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:25 pm

Ever fish Beaver pond in Franklin right off 495 or the other Beaver pond in Hopedale?

Posted Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:45 pm

stratos1966

Ever fish Beaver pond in Franklin right off 495 or the other Beaver pond in Hopedale?

Does beaver pond in Hopedale have a public launch?

Posted Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:09 pm

jjbagoose

stratos1966

Does beaver pond in Hopedale have a public launch?

Yes. Go through the concrete/ gravel company on the right side. There is a full sized concret pad

Posted Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:11 pm

beaver pond franklin has a concrete pad with a big drop off at the end, watch it, doesn't look like they made the ramp long enough even if the water was higher. beaver pond in hopedale has gravel ramp

Posted Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:23 pm

could also try hopedale pond, beach type launch

Posted Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:32 pm

I have fished Beaver Pond in Franklin, never in the AM though, it was always after work since it's just mile or so from my place. I had pretty decent luck as far as shore fishing goes, pulled a couple 2.5lbs'ers out of there. I saw someone in a small boat once pulling a lot of fish out of there too. Never bothered to get a pass, so I never tried on the weekends over the summer, i'll have to give that a try this fall.

Posted Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:12 pm

6 cold, wet, windy hours on the waters of Whitehall this morning. 3 miles paddled. Fished shallow, fished deep, fished weightless, fished weighted, fished slow, fished fast. Worms, jigs, spinners, creature baits, and crankbaits. ZERO fish. It will be a long time before I try that again.

/RANT

Posted Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:12 pm

Went to Chauncy today for 4 hours in the wet and cold...Caught 6 fish, 2 over 3 lbs all on spinnerbaits in the weedbed right off the beach.

Posted Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:25 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links