Here we go folks, I wanted to start this thread to invite everyone to a MAFF cookout. We have been putting aside a few bucks from every tournament so we can have a little get together.

it will be held on Oct 7th at Shady point campground in Lunnenburg, It is a private campground with day sites, camper sites, BBQ pits and a nice boat ramp. The campground is located on lake Shirley.
Some hate it some love it, we will have the place pretty much to ourselves for the day.

We will have a regular style tournament that day from 7-1
And we will start cooking around 11:30
I will be cooking the usual. Dogs, burgers, chicken, steak tips, and some veggie options as well. We will also have various salads and drinks for the kids. Ie water and some sodas.

I would really like to see some of the father and son and daughter teams as well as who ever would like to come.
This is a MAFF cookout.... Not just for the tourney guys.
Don't be shy come have some laughs and some grub and meet some new people.
Please try to RSVP as soon as possible so I can start planning.

Just tell me how many and what you might want to bring. You don't have to bring anything, but if you do have a favorite dish feel free.

I really look forward to meting some of the other MAFFers!

Last edited by johnnybag-a-bass on Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:45 pm

Do we need a keg? Iam in for 5 people and Lilly , you'll all get to met the real mini meatball

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:49 pm

Johnny I'm there. I'll let you know how many and what I'll bring later.
Your the Man!!!

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:53 pm

Lilly is cool!!! I'm in Johnny. I gotta talk to the other 2 guys to see if they are and I may bound and gag my kid and drag his butt out there and make him fish with me. Either way I'll be there and I'll bring some stuff from my wife's kitchen. She runs the pastry kitchen for Finales. There'll definitely be a pumpkin cheesecake involved as I have been the guinea pig for the recipe and it's awesome.

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Johnny Oct 9th is a Tuesday. Is this correct? If it is I'll be taking the 9th OFF.

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:44 am

A Tuesday? Johnny boy, check the calendar. 7th maybe?

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:51 am

DOOOH! 7TH

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:22 am

Johnny is the boat launch fee still $10.

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:26 am

I'm looking into that now, it might be $10 per vehicle

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Start the tourney at 6 and fish till 1pm lets at least get one tourney in with an early start

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:23 pm

Anyone that wants to start at 6:00, can join neils club next year, lol
i'm out.

we'll see slick, we might just for you. then the other people that want to come to eat and hang can come around 11:00

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:26 pm

Sounds awesome,I.ll bring something,not sure what yet.Is beer allowed?I don't think i"ll have any family coming with me,they all work sunday.Am I bringing my boat?If so witch one?I'm sure my second family will be there too,Scotty,my fishing partener.

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:28 pm

yeah yeah Scotty, Mikey asked a valid question i'm looking into getting a keg. we'll see what they say i don't see why not.
it will be a whatever tourney big and topper boats 15 limit as usual.

we'll do a sign up when the time comes

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Johnny do we have the equipment to heat up a pot of chili? If so I'll make a pot.

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:35 pm

I'll be getting married on the 7th!!! Maybe I can show up to the wedding a little late....show her who's boss right off the bat LOL!!!

JK boys- Have fun and I'll see you guys at the cookout next year!

Also I may have a Boone outing in late October after my honeymoon and we can grill then as well!

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:36 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links