I'd like to thank team Poundtown and Team Bigmouth/Bassassin. They had extra/ were able to get lifejackets for us. The EPO showed up today and North Pond. He was checking registrations, licenses and for life jackets. Unfortunatly for me, earlier in the year I lent out my jackets to someone else and when i got them back, I never put them back in the boat. These 2 teams stepped up and helped us out big time, otherwise we probably would have been going home. The EPO was not letting anyone launch that did not have life jackets. So thats again to Bigmouth and Poundtown. They made it possible for us to compete today.

It goes without saying that one of the 1st things I did when I got home was put 2 jackets back in the boat.

Posted Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:33 pm

That was great too see, glad we got it done to be honest I thought we were gonna be looking for an alternate location , this is why we ask everyone to be early in the event an episode like this happens... Good job today

Posted Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:41 pm

Maffers always seem to come thru!
Awesome job!

Posted Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:11 pm

When I first started fishing these tourney's (last year at Billington) I met Smoke for the first time and could tell right away that I was gonna like it here. Guys were chatting and joking around. At the end of the day as we were heading back to the ramp, we saw a guy paddling a pelican. I didn't know it then but it was also his first tourney. I think it was Rusty Hookers (Sorry if I'm wrong Dave). We pulled up and offered them our backup battery. Never once did it occur to me that I might be helping the guy that could beat me. Throughout the year I've seen more good deeds done from one MAFF guy to another than I could count from Damon diving for Smokes gear to Kev lending a life jacket. I'm happy to have found a home here. 2 years ago I was happy with the way I fished. Hell, I even thought I knew what I was doing but with the knowledge that I have gained here with Rich being one of the most knowledgable and helpful fisherman I've ever met, I have gotten better by leaps and bounds. I can see that in the fishing world there is always something new. In a world where it's usually about competition and winning, I like that MAFF guys put having fun and camaraderie first. Thanks guys

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:54 am

you are right shawn, a great bunch of guys' i loaded the boat and was walking back from the beach, i heard all of this splashing around, when i looked there's some aquaman underwater getting a pole!!! i showed my son, we chuckled a little, then he said, this is a great orgination!............he used the c- word, but i set him straight!!.lol. its nice to see people like johnny stop by, and also talking to people before and after a torney, nice......

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:24 am

stratos1966

I'd like to thank team Poundtown and Team Bigmouth/Bassassin. They had extra/ were able to get lifejackets for us. The EPO showed up today and North Pond. He was checking registrations, licenses and for life jackets. Unfortunatly for me, earlier in the year I lent out my jackets to someone else and when i got them back, I never put them back in the boat. These 2 teams stepped up and helped us out big time, otherwise we probably would have been going home. The EPO was not letting anyone launch that did not have life jackets. So thats again to Bigmouth and Poundtown. They made it possible for us to compete today.

It goes without saying that one of the 1st things I did when I got home was put 2 jackets back in the boat.

You are welcome, glad I could help Rich.

As the season winds down Im already looking forward to a full schedule next year (and upgrading to an cartopper) Im thankful I found this place and met everyone. Just this half season on the board, like Shawn said, Ive grown immensely as a angler and cant wait to continue that.

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:28 am

stratos1966

No thanks to me who left to get you one and started late because of it..

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:01 am

You actually got us two, so we had a total of four. THANKS JOSH!!!

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:06 am

EPO wasnt getting me I had 4 jackets in the boat...

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:10 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links