Just throwing this out there, since we talked about it in another post. I know personally I prefer the cartoppers because, well that's all I own for a boat. That being said, how about scheduling some additional cartopper tourneys in between what we have scheduled already for the MAFF season? These would have to be separate from the season, not count in the standings obviously and should not interfere with any other MAFF tourneys already scheduled (except yakkers).

Looking at the set tourney schedule, two dates jump out as being open 8/12 and 8/26 . After the last official tourney in September and the finales (whatever they turn out to be), everything is wide open.

How about some places? I suggest these three and obviously others should chime in with their own as well.

Manchaug in Sutton
Knopps in Groton
THE BOONE! Hudson

What do you all think?

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:15 am

been there done that, come up with some new places.

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:20 am

I fished Boone Sat afternoon. They treated the lake again for weeds on July 5th. Water did not look good. A1 and Putnamville Res in Danvers. Lake Chauncy could hold a 10 boat event.

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:33 am

kman

been there done that, come up with some new places.

Well then give some other ideas son, hence the name of the post!

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:37 am

will do sir.

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:45 am

Karl,
If folks willing to carry the boat down into the Lower Mystic it is fishing great right now. The herring fry/minnows all over the place in large schools and both large mouth and smallmouth busting them on the surface.

You can fish the lake, spillway or river all in one cartopper spot. Not many places where you get smallmouth & largemouth, plus so active on top-water. Plus someone will probably nail a striper-bass bonus!

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:47 pm

I like the idea of A1 and I think lower Mystic would be a great place Doug. It would have to be a true car topper. I cant see guys trying to carry big boats down that hill.

I like Putnamville Res too, I never fished there but I know it has large and Smallmouth.

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:11 pm

Where do you launch on the lower mystice? Cartopper tourney or not I'm going there!!!!

Oh and I didn't fish the 1st 2 Roger said so those work for me.

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:13 pm

Billington sea, sampsons, Charles river waltham, Norton res. Neponset res, sabbatia.

Do a saturday and we could go over the bridge on the cape and that opens up another 6-8 ponds. Johns, Santuit, Uppermillls/walker, , middle/ mystic, specticle , coonamesset

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Rich, I like the idea of a Saturday tourney or two or three or whatever! Karl and I say that to each other all the time! Then it still gives you a day left to the weekend to enjoy however.

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:38 pm

I'm available most Saturdays and mY partner is every other

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:40 pm

saturdays are usually good for me too. and if my partner's not available, i'd be down to team up with other teams for sure.

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:45 pm

Even if we have some cartoppers on Saturdays, they can't interfere with the regularly scheduled tourneys. Too much goes into the planning of those. That goes without saying I think and is only fair! These are for extra and just my two cents. I know Halo and Sinista ran a handful of extra tourneys with great success at the end of last season and in between during. Not trying to step on any toes brothers and sisters. Just wanna fish in my boat in some more cartopper tourneys!

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:02 pm

I know of a few places we " could go" after which I would have to kill you all then I would be killed by the guys who turned me on to the spots, lmao, but I'm down for whatever whether I can trailer in or not, I'm building the cadillac of crawdads as we speak ..... Let me see if I can come up with a few , perhaps I can see if Wojo from Cran Bog Hogs can get us in a couple of his private ponds later in the year

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:09 pm

In some thread around here I said to Johnny that he'd probably be able to schedule a cartopper for almost every weekend next season and get turnouts. Look at the leader board. There's like 50 teams. MAFF is about to explode

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:29 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links