I've never fished here before and am wondering if this is one of those lakes that has a tourney every weekend? Is it heavily pressured? If you fish there a lot, what's your favorite lure? In my reasearch I've been reading that back part after Champeux(?) rd is dead water and to not bother trying to go there. What's the main cover? Is it grassy? Lots of pads? Wood cover? What's the main forage? I hope it's frogs. Any and all help is much appreciated. MAFF ROCKS

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:23 am

For what it is worth, I have never heard of this place before MAFF scheduled a tourney there and I thought I have fished "them all"(major tournament BOW)

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:04 pm

shawneramone

I've never fished here before and am wondering if this is one of those lakes that has a tourney every weekend? Is it heavily pressured? If you fish there a lot, what's your favorite lure? In my reasearch I've been reading that back part after Champeux(?) rd is dead water and to not bother trying to go there. What's the main cover? Is it grassy? Lots of pads? Wood cover? What's the main forage? I hope it's frogs. Any and all help is much appreciated. MAFF ROCKS

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/habitat/maps/ponds/pdf/dfweast.pdf

Its Called East Brimfield Reservoir the link is the map

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:29 pm

I fished here on father's day with my Uncle earlier this year and we headed to the more southern section (neither of us had fished it before). The only pads with pads I saw in that section were scattered randomly in the middle of the pond. We ended the day just following the shore for about 4 hours with 7 or 8 bass, all above 1lb. I was catching them mostly on a KVD 1.5 Bluegill and a few near timber jigging. He's a weirdo and was using a bass assassin soft plastic that was at most 2 inches long and was catching them. It's a huge place and there were tons of bass boats there, and I didn't even try the northern section, southern half was like a parking lot when it got close to 11am.

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:31 pm

You can check mass pond access and look at events to see the tournaments listed for the season.Mass boating and fishing access,I saw no listing for permits on this lake.If you go to scheduled events you can see all tourney permits for the season for all lakes.

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:35 pm

those are only for state run ramps, some of the ramps are run by the towns and aren't listed on that site

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:50 pm

thanks guys. Trying to get an idea of what to do. Big lake small boat

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:54 am

shawneramone

Shawn its really not that BIG it looks it on the map but it fishes small if that makes sense

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:07 am

sinista

shawneramone

Shawn its really not that BIG it looks it on the map but it fishes small if that makes sense

Like Billington?

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:29 am

shawneramone

sinista

shawneramone

Like Billington?

Correct Sir

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:34 am

sinista

shawneramone

sinista

shawneramone

Like Billington?

Correct Sir

Excellent...Smithers, release the hounds

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:37 am

sinista

shawneramone

sinista

shawneramone

Like Billington?

Correct Sir

It's 420 acres spread over two ponds, more long and narrow than anything

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:38 am

This place has had next to NO PRESSURE whatsoever since the tornado...a short jaunt up the rd is the Brimfield State Forest...which sustained some DEVASTATING DAMAGE from the tornado ...for the longest time the feds/state/town were storing those downed trees(GIANT ROOT BALLS included) along the little road that is used to access the boat ramp on the route 20 side which essentially stopped anyone from launching over there for a good 6-8 months anyways
...I'd think MAFF will be among the first tourneys over there in a LONG TIME...besides...I can only imagine a bunch of highly skilled anglers like yourselves can make the best of a day here at this place either way---good luck

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:49 am

awesome info man, thank you

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:05 am

sinista

sinista

shawneramone

sinista

shawneramone

Like Billington?

Correct Sir

It's 420 acres spread over two ponds, more long and narrow than anything

Deep diving cranks is a must, drop shot 50+ ft of water and lots of ship wrecks..... Smile

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:16 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links