So brush hog and I decide to give it a shot this morning we get all loaded up hit Walmart for the favorite bait dump the boat in its only a 10' aluminum flat bottom we start takin in some serious water.we cruise back over to the ramp check it out and I guess over the years of moving it in and out of ramps and sand I wore thru the aluminum on the fins wtf .Anyone else have this problem and how did ya fix it?I hit em with some jb weld I'm gonna try it out in few hope it works .

Posted Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:22 pm

Maybe a little silicone caulking over the JB Weld?? we use it to keep water out of windows/doors when we install them. It's flexible and water tight as far as I know.

Posted Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:26 pm

Try plumbers pro poxy , turns to steel in minutes!

Posted Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:35 pm

Try a product called "gluvit" if jb weld doesn't work. This is great stuff meant to seal aluminum and be subject to underwater conditions.

Posted Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:22 am

volume4130

Maybe a little silicone caulking over the JB Weld?? we use it to keep water out of windows/doors when we install them. It's flexible and water tight as far as I know.

this. i used epoxy and then dumped silicone sealant over a hole in my cartopper to be extra safe. then duct tape over that for abrasion resistance. seems to be holding up pretty well.

Posted Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:19 am

Gluv it will work guranteed. but if you want some extra protection i can give you the name of a phenomenal welder. That can add some extra material also . He's an avid fisherman too Very Happy

Posted Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:04 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links