sound off of your favorite color and brand of frog bait. i'm going to give them more attention this summer.

Posted Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:24 pm

CHECK OUT VIDEO ON MY PAGE

Posted Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:37 pm

have you used those in the video? We found that on you tube during the winter but 40 bucks for a frog seemed a little unreasonable considering how likely it is to loose it.

Posted Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:43 pm

I was using the spro brozeeye 65 but have switched over to the Koppers live target. It has a taller profile and I think it skips better. I still have some bronze eys and will still use them If you are looking for a BIG frog the Spro Big Daddy is hard to beat. You will not have the hookup ratio of the smaller frogs on the smaller fish but that bait can and does call out the bigger bass. I go with 3 colors.... all black, bullfrog and toad ( green and Brown). The green has a yellow and white belly and the brown just a white belly ( the belly is all the bass see anyway. I use the all balck under low light conditions or when the bass are shying away from the white and yellows.
You didn't ask but I will throw these tips in anyway. I take a couple of glass beads and stick them in the cavity of the frog to add some extra noise. I also trim the legs in half. This helps with the short strikes a lot and it skips better too.

Posted Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:54 pm

V&M Bayou Bull Frog
Color Pumpkin

http://www.humandomain.com/bayououtdoors/bbf.html

Posted Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:30 pm

spro the kvd frog hooks up the fish good and already has rattles,koppers frog all of these fish best with heavy gear 30 + braid hard hooksetts takes awhile to get the timing down on hooksetts be prepared to miss some monsters

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:19 am

I know somewhere on youtube there are some Dean Rojas vids explaining everything you could possibly want to know about throwing a frog. He is the king of frog fishing, and I betcha he will have a good tourny this week on the Mississippi throwing a frog.

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:58 am

I have terrible luck with the frog. Last year I was throwing a snagproof mouse in all the same places. This year I'm using the live target field mouse. It's awesome.

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:08 am

shawneramone

I have terrible luck with the frog. Last year I was throwing a snagproof mouse in all the same places. This year I'm using the live target field mouse. It's awesome.

I need to get me one of those field mouse baits. They do look sweet.

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:04 am

I have a lot of luck with the scumdog walker they sell at bass pro. has a weight on the bottom so when you stop movement it sits up in the water with the legs hanging down.

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:13 am

I own just about every new frog on the market, from the $16 evolve hard body to the live target $12 green natural to the zoom horny toads.

they all work for me but my favorite by far is the bps humpin toads, the paddle legs give off great action.
i throw them to shore twitch a couple of times then hop them or straight retrieve to the weed edge and 9 out of 10 times something follows them out.

love the black yellow, bullfrog and the green pumpkin seed

$3.79 for a bag of 5 on a 4/0 or 5/0 trokar magworm z bend hook.

BRILLIANT!!!!

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:12 am

Do you find that one type of frog lure works better than the other? For example, the hollow body Koppers with the dual hooks versus a BPS humpin toad which goes on an offset hook. Is it application specific?

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:35 am

johnnybag-a-bass

I own just about every new frog on the market, from the $16 evolve hard body to the live target $12 green natural to the zoom horny toads.

they all work for me but my favorite by far is the bps humpin toads, the paddle legs give off great action.
i throw them to shore twitch a couple of times then hop them or straight retrieve to the weed edge and 9 out of 10 times something follows them out.

love the black yellow, bullfrog and the green pumpkin seed

$3.79 for a bag of 5 on a 4/0 or 5/0 trokar magworm z bend hook.

BRILLIANT!!!!

If you don't mind me asking. What is the best way to hook these frogs? I've usually do the weedless thing where the hook goes through the bottom and come back through to the top, and I have also tried it the other way around. I just cant seem to consistantly hook them after they have clearly taken it. Im not sure if its the way I hooked it, or im just horrable at setting the hook.

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:33 pm

I do it just that way man, with the hook up out of it's back and kind of pinch it back in so it's weedless i just wait a few seconds and rip his lips, having a good hook is key i've found

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:50 pm

I do pretty well with the brown Live Target Frog. They also sell trailer hooks that slide over the two looped hooks so the frog has a stinger. Really nice for hookups.

I bought the Live Target field mouse and am not a big fan. It never stays rightside up and it fills with water very easily. I may have got a dud.

Posted Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:39 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links