Frog fishing has bumped to the top of my arsenal this year. I use the spro with the 2 hooks and the jig style legs. Green/yellow and brown/black. The white belly is key. I have found (especially in the shallow lakes) that you'll find bass in the Lilly's catching the shade. The spro frog is truly weedless, so throw it onto the shore and drag it back over the Lilly's. Better have a strong rig and I use 50# braid. It's an awesome way to fish.

If you use these hollow soft frogs, remember to give them a squeeze every few cast to drain the water (air hole in its rear). When it gets full of water, it's harder to set the hook.

Posted Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:10 pm

jlev44

I do pretty well with the brown Live Target Frog. They also sell trailer hooks that slide over the two looped hooks so the frog has a stinger. Really nice for hookups.

I bought the Live Target field mouse and am not a big fan. It never stays rightside up and it fills with water very easily. I may have got a dud.

I bought a few frogs and that field mouse, but have not broken them out yet. Will do very soon!

Posted Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:49 pm

spro bronzeye 65
black is a good color durring darker times of the day
white and yellow are good durring the day when it is light

Posted Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:48 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links