Okay so I graduated a month or so back and I take my NCLEX on Wednesday and if I pass I get a decent of cash from my father for finishing school etc. So I want to upgrade to not like a expensive bass boat but something bigger than my current 12 foot v-hull cartopper. So here goes the questions and what I would like to do and any advice is welcomed.

I want to go with a 14-16footer. The main issue I am having is, Jon boat or v-hull, either way I plan on doing some modifications like a lot of people have (the platform in the front and such). Which type of boat is more stable for modifying for a bass boat? I originally was leaning towards a 14 foot tracker jon and trailer from BPS (unless their trailers were expensive then finding one somewhere else). I have been looking at a Lowe 14 foot v-hull from Cabela's as well, but they don't give prices online cause they suck but I think the tracker is the cheaper way of the too. I'll be doing all the mods myself, I guess kind of like the 12 footer that someone (can't remember name) was posting about this winter or like how Sinitra's looks from the pictures from tourny's.

I know it's kind of vague, but the main questions I have are I guess, whats more stable for doing some mods, Jon or V-hull? Price wise which is cheaper? And any advice/tips from personal boats/mods is welcomed, thanks guys.

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:29 pm

I bought an old 16 foot cajun bass boat of ebay for 1700 and just sold it last fall for 2000 miss it but id say look around and find a good deal. I now would only buy a boat that could handle going in the ocean so i would go for a deep vhull that way you have some more options then just fresh water check craigslist think some guy was selling a nice 02 bassboat cheap ill post the link if i find it

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:35 pm

Check out some of the aluminum boats at bass pro.
I forgot the name (grizzly?).
They are rugged and come ready for mods.

Posted Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:20 am

Another option is to check craigslist. There are lots of good deals on newer boats with newer power. Not sure of your budget, but that may be another option.

Charlie

Posted Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:23 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links