hey everyone just trying to find a spot to go fishing where game warden dont really go often my friend is visiting for a few days from florida and does not have a licence please can someone help me out

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:39 pm

around what area? that would help for us to help

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Taunton area sorry about that haha

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:54 pm

Here is the link for your friend to purchase a out of state fishing permit online:

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/recreation/licensing/license_fees.htm

For $23.50 he can get a 3 day permit or for $37.50 he can get one that last until 12/31/12

You buy them on-line print them out and carry them with you while fishing. Posting your intent to break the law on-line is just begging for the EPOs to patrol your area to hand you fine or sieze your gear for breaking the law.

So do the right thing an purchase a permit.

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:53 pm

Are you serious Question Nevermind trying to beat the system. Everyone should be paying for a license to fish either in state or out Exclamation You shouldn't be posting moronic nonsense like that Exclamation

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:58 pm

Because of the Ice last year, we had to have one for 4 different States. Bad karma without one, they can take everything!!!!

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:20 pm

don51

Are you serious Question Nevermind trying to beat the system. Everyone should be paying for a license to fish either in state or out Exclamation You shouldn't be posting moronic nonsense like that Exclamation

I disagree. Vets should be exempt from paying for any stat recreational liscences but thats for another topic.

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:10 pm

there is no need to be rude about it my friend ended up buying a permit so no need to get angry

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:20 pm

mindgame

don51

I disagree. Vets should be exempt from paying for any stat recreational liscences but thats for another topic.

Not referring to exemptions Exclamation

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:52 am

It's people's individual right to decide if they want to take the risk or not. I buy licenses, but not because I'm afraid of the EPOs. I do it because I know the money helps to support the ecosystem that I'm fishing in. But if you don't fish often and have some private water, more power too ya'

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:03 am

I only shore fish, and the only time I've ever been approached by the DCR is when I was fishing close to the street and he saw me when he was driving by. Anytime I'm fishing deep in the woods, for years, never seen 'em.

That being said... I always have my license. (Got it back in Feb) Never leave home without it. Smile

Last summer I went camping up in NH just for a single night and they had a river at the campground and since I had my poles with me I tossed in the ol' lure for a few minutes without a license.

I felt dirty the entire time. Sad

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:19 am

I think you gotta get a license. It's so easy in Mass now that its online. I've gone fishing in Vermont and always purchased a day license. I'm with bcodkind, you should definitely support the ecosystem you are fishing, especially if you are removing fish from that fishery.

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:44 am

bcodkind

It's people's individual right to decide if they want to take the risk or not. I buy licenses, but not because I'm afraid of the EPOs. I do it because I know the money helps to support the ecosystem that I'm fishing in. But if you don't fish often and have some private water, more power too ya'

No...

It is the law, it is that simple and no logic fights against that. It is the law and there fore something you must do in order to fish legally. It is not a right to ignore the laws. It is a right to disagree with the law and work to change them. There is a difference.

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:12 pm

Yes it is law but government ignores laws all the time or make people exempt. Not to get off topic but what about illegal immigrants. We have come to except then and do lil or nothing to punish. How you gonna get busted for DUI 7 times and still be in this country. Back to topic. Freshwater yes license..but salt I don't feel you should should as the fish migrate on there own...

Posted Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:26 am

It is one of the few times I don't feel angry about giving the government money ha ha.They actually put the money to good use for a change.I wish more people would buy licenses so they could hire more game Wardens to catch these clowns taking home buckets of fish we need to protect our fisheries or we will lose them!

Posted Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:39 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links