6TH. SHAW 5 FISH 11.83LBS..LUNKER 2.91LBS
7TH. BOAG HOG 5 FISH 11.68LBS..LUNKER 3.02LBS
8TH. BASS CATCHERS 5 FISH 11.50LBS..LUNKER 2.75LBS
9TH. MORE FISH 5 FISH 10.86LBS
10TH. BOOM 5 FISH 10.27LBS..LUNKER 2.97LBS
11TH. HODAH 5 FISH 9.50LBS
12TH. LANDLORDS 4 FISH 8.75LBS
13TH. ARROGANT ANGLERS 3 FISH 4.79LBS..LUNKNER 3.41LBS

CONGRATS TO THE HAPPY HOOKERS ON THEIR 1ST PLACE FINISH AS WELL AS TAKING THE PRIZE FOR LUNKER!!!!

CONGRATS TO THE REST OF THE FIELD AS WELL

ON THE DOWN SIDE AFTER MOST OF YOU HAD LEFT 5 BASS WERE FOUND DEAD AT THE RAMP, WHETHER THEY WERE DEAD WHEN THEY WERE WEIGHED OR DIED AFTER RELEASE IS UNKNOWN.

(LAST WEEK ALL MY FISH DIED I TOOK A ZERO WEIGHT)

ALL WE ARE ASKING IS FOR EVERYONE TO BE HONEST, IF YOU HAVE A FISH DIE PLEASE INFORM US AND TAKE THE 1/2 LB PENALTY, THERE ARE ALOT OF GUYS THAT TRAVEL GREAT DISTANCES TO COMPETE WITH US, WE NEED TO MAINTAIN THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF HONESTY AND RESPECT FOR EACH OTHER.

THANK YOU TO KENNY AND SCOTTY FOR HELPING OUT AND VALPEY FOR THE PICTURES!!!

JOHNNY WE MISS YOU!!!

THE WINNERS HAPPY HOOKERS

ED FROM HAPPY HOOKERS WITH LUNKER OF THE DAY 5.79LBS!

2ND PLACE TEAM HALO!!!!

3RD PLACE TEAM WHY NOT NOW!

4TH PLACE THE BASSTARDS

5TH PLACE RUSTY HOOKERS

6TH PLACE TEAM SHAW

7TH PLACE BOAG HOG BAITS

8TH PLACE TEAM BASS CATCHERS

10TH PLACE TEAM BOOM!

Posted Sun May 27, 2012 8:14 pm

LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE HAD A GOOD DAY AND SOME VERY GOOD BAGS. WISH I WENT I BENT MY PROP TODAY AND LOST A BIGGY AT THE BOAT BUT STILL WAS VERY NICE OUT!!!

CONGRATS TO ED ON THAT LUNKER AND THE HAPPY HOOKERS ON FIRST PLACE!!

HALO WITH ANOTHER GOOD BAG FOR 2ND

AND GOLD PINNER AND THE OTHER GUY FOR 3RD LOL

Posted Sun May 27, 2012 8:35 pm

If I can shed a little light On the dead fish thing. I didnt see any dead right after the weigh in, but a few were barley hanging on. Im sure one had to of been ours.

Posted Sun May 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Congrats guys. Looked like a hell of a day for everyone.

Posted Sun May 27, 2012 8:52 pm

One of our best & worst. The fishing was awesome and I was nailin nice fish on the Lilly's with a Spro frog. Thats just fun fishin. Unfortunately, the pollen cloud that hung over us for about an hour just about killed my father. He is still in trouble with it. To top it off, bootin down the highway on our way home, the bearing smoked out of our trailer! It was close to catching fire! With a pair of pliers and a flat head, we changed the bearing in the home depot parking lot.

Great day if you remove the whole almost killin my dad and destroying my trailer part.

Posted Sun May 27, 2012 9:12 pm

Great day out there.Congrats to the happy hookers on the win and big fish.Nice job by all.I still say we should list some phone numbers some one can call if their not showing up.We had one no show yesterday.We didn't know if we should wait or not.

Posted Mon May 28, 2012 3:07 am

Wow, looks like an incredible day of fishing! Some serious weight pulled out of that Lake today!! 12 teams over 8lbs!!! Amazing

Congrats to the Hookers on another great day!

Well done on the "solo" trip Arrogance, a nice 3.41 beauty!!!

I agree with Neil, we MUST be honest and we have to keep these fish alive to the best of our ability. The last thing we want to be known for is going from lake to lake and leaving with a trail of dead fish in our wake.

Smoke shared a great trick with me last year. Freeze some poland springs bottles before a tournament. Drop them in your live well or cooler throughout the day to help keep the water temp down and the fish alive.

See you boys at Farm Pond. Many of beasts live there im told!!

Posted Mon May 28, 2012 6:17 am

We checked our fish like 30 times during the day since our wells broke. We kept adding water and had 5 alive all the way to weigh in. I waited at the ramp forever to get in. When I pulled them out, we had 5 breathing. After we weighed, 4 swam for sure but Mikey told me one still didn't look good. So one definitely could have been ours. There was no lack of honesty on our part, we've taken the penalty a few times before. If that half pound changes standings, I would absolutely be on board for changing our total.

Posted Mon May 28, 2012 6:37 am

Awesome day guys.. how were the wooer??

Posted Mon May 28, 2012 7:02 am

Awesome day guys.. how were the wooer??

Posted Mon May 28, 2012 7:03 am

looks like a nice day for all

gratz!

Posted Mon May 28, 2012 10:58 am

I can asure everyone on this forum Denny and I worked very hard to keep our five alive for HOURS! When they came out of the well they where breathing! What happens after that we can't control. 4 did swim right away the 5th was swimming in a circle, so one of them COULD of been ours, again he was alive at weigh in. Maybe he didn't like getting dropped in the sand! We have taken more than our share of penalty's!

Posted Mon May 28, 2012 11:50 am

Awesome job to the winners....what a competive tourney with some big bags! Ed hell of a Lunker!

Neil thanks for running another smooth tournament and good fishing too!

I don't think the question is anyone's integrity at the weigh in- it's pretty easy to pick out a dead fish from a live one and the people that fish in the tournaments know that it's a fair and honest competition.

My concern with the fish dying is that the releases in some cases are careless. I feel that sometimes it's like after the fish are weighed they are just thrown back into the water. Some get stuck under boats and others hit the ground in the shallow water they are dropped in. I care about the fish enough to do my best to keep them alive during the tournament and after so they get to live another day especially if I know one of my fish is hurting. And to Napa's point it looks pretty bad to have a bunch of dead fish at the launch as remnants of the event. So going forward I think we should just take an extra minute when we let them go to ensure survival.

See you guys at FARM POND!!!!

Posted Mon May 28, 2012 12:06 pm

Not a good thing to leave dead or close to death fish at the boat ramp area.If people see that ,they will inquire as to who had a tourney that day and could result in not being able to have more
tourney's there again.I know when i was in a club,one boater voluntered to be last one out.That person was handed the fish
in a bag and released them from the back of their boat.We also did the weigh in the way you went out to fish,starting with who was #1
and so on.That way when the fish were released you knew who's fish they were.You had to trust this person to be honest enough to
say if a fish was dead.If the fish is dead or not in very good shape to
swim away,then this boater would retrieve the fish.If the fish is dead
or looks like it won't survive,then someone would take it home to eat.
Better to take it home than leave it floating dead in the water.We had a smallmouth that did die in the livewell,so my friend took it home
to eat.Perhaps a table scale could be purchased with a basket to put the fish in for the weigh-ins.I noticed that two different hanging scales were used for the weigh-in.This also helps to get the fish back in the water quicker.

Posted Mon May 28, 2012 1:44 pm

congrats to everyone. really awesome job, especially those who placed. wish i could've made it but was getting pay back on smallies up in NH.

Posted Mon May 28, 2012 4:47 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links