I recently saw a video on Youtube, an older video (from 2008) of a Snake Lure kit by "The Bass Professor Doug Hannon" the video looks pretty legit, but kind of hoakey at the same time. The lures look like they have great action and elasticity but I am just weary of anything with the "infomercial"-esq way about it haha. I was wondering if anyone knows what I am talking about, or has them/fished with them, and what they think! Or to be honest if they would even work well in a New England setting, I know we have water snakes among other species etc, but I don't know if its a main New England bass staple food. This is the video and website for it if anyone is curious.

http://bassprofessor.com/BassBlog/fishing-snake/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhyQ-8k1Pqw

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:51 pm

I have seen this lure advertised on WFN (world fishing network) all the time. Ive always wanted to try it out. I can understand where you get turned off by the infomercial feel of it. But i bought the banko minnow kit when it first came out years ago and its honestly produced the biggest bass ive ever caught (10 lbs 4oz) and that was an infomercial that i ordered from so you never know. If you do pull the trigger and buy one def. post a little review on how it works!

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:01 pm

kizel13

I have seen this lure advertised on WFN (world fishing network) all the time. Ive always wanted to try it out. I can understand where you get turned off by the infomercial feel of it. But i bought the banko minnow kit when it first came out years ago and its honestly produced the biggest bass ive ever caught (10 lbs 4oz) and that was an infomercial that i ordered from so you never know. If you do pull the trigger and buy one def. post a little review on how it works!

Would love to see a pic of that 10lber. Fish of a lifetime

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:15 pm

Its back before we had a digital camera or a camera phone so its on a reg print im gonna see if i can find it ill just take a pic of a pic to put on here.

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:20 pm

i have several of these (from the 80's) new in the package, the brown one worked great, never tried the other colors, just collect them now,,

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:28 pm

kizel13

Its back before we had a digital camera or a camera phone so its on a reg print im gonna see if i can find it ill just take a pic of a pic to put on here.

was it caught in Mass?

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:36 pm

fish for bass, I would probably pay you well for one of those, one of my all time favorites when I was a kid, i'm not kidding i'll pony up like $30 if you'll part with one

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:03 pm

kizel13

That would be awesome.... love seeing pics of HUGE local bass!!!

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Yes it was caught in mass my dad has the picture somewhere ill ask him once he out of work.

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:56 pm

Factoid: The "Banjo Minnow" was co-created by local fisherman Mike Alperin of "Fishing the Northeast" fishing show fame.

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Thats kinda cool i loved that set! I wish i could get more ive seen them every once in awhile i think BPS has em.

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:54 pm

I bought these a couple years ago haven't caught a fish yet. Just tried them again a couple weeks ago using the white and brown snake had one hit but no hook up.Can't trow it very far because of the springiness of the bait so position and use is key.

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:47 pm

The original banjos worked great, the new redesigned ones are garbage as they are not as spastic. Good luck with the snake lures...bass will eat just about anything and everything that resembles prey.

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:29 pm

JOHNNY, I HAVE THE 1/4 OZ. IN BLUE,COPPER,GREY. AND I HAVE ONE 3/8 OZ IN GREY, YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO ONE, LET ME KNOW THE COLOR, AND ITS YOURS. YOU HAVE DONE SO MUCH FOR THE MAFF THAT YOU DESERVE IT. THESE ARE THE ORIGINALS, A COUPLE HAVE THE PATENT PENDING ON THE UNOPENED PACKAGES. I HAVE THOUSANDS OF NOS BAITS THAT I HAVE COLLECTED OVER THE YEARS, AND SOME OF THOSE ORIGINAL HELICOPTER LURES ALSO, IF THEY MADE IT I MOST LIKELY HAVE IT. SCOTT.

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:50 pm

You rule, let me know where you'll be this weekend and I'll make sure we hook up. Ill buy the 1/4 grey if you don't mind.
I'm excited man what a piece of my childhood, lol

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:20 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links