I have a question on drop shotting. Can it be done from shore or does it work better from a boat?

Posted Sun May 13, 2012 2:18 pm

Dropshotting works better from a boat than on shore because its a vertical presentation. You want the bait over the weight and the farther away you cast or the shallower the water the more slant will be in the line. I still dropshot from shore with success though. I use a very long rod 7'4 and hold it high. This will keep the bait up. Good luck

Posted Sun May 13, 2012 2:37 pm

That's what I thought I'm going to give it a try next time out in the boat.

Posted Sun May 13, 2012 2:43 pm

It can be done from shore if the pond has a steep drop off. For the most part it is a boat technique. Smile

Posted Sun May 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Could a big bobber work with a Drop Shot? from shore?

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 9:02 am

I drop shot from shore all the time in shallow water with long casts and do well most of the time. The only thing that stinks about fishing it from shore is that you get hung up a lot, so u will lose a lot more weights from shore. I have used a bobber with a drop shot in the cold months, I only use the drop shot to wight my rig for suspending fish, not off the bottom as usual.

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 9:35 am

pjpjr

I have a question on drop shotting. Can it be done from shore or does it work better from a boat?

Sure, You can drop shot from shore. If you have a long cast just raise the height of the lure from the weight. I wouldn't just go fishing and say i'm going to drop shot. All techniques have a purpose and a time to use them. i use electronics to find suspended fish and drop shot to the desired depth and at times i use it to suspend a bait just above the weeds in a horizontal fashion.
Maybe Carolina rigging would work for your needs from shore?
You never know what the fish want and you need to try until you figure it out. I'm not a shore fisherman but i would absolutely drop shot from shore also because if you get hung up the weight is designed to cut away and you can still retrieve your lure.

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 2:32 pm

lead free of course!, lol

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 3:26 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links