Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do people sign up for tournaments? I would love to join one but I dont have a boat (only a kayak)

Thanks,
David

Posted Tue May 08, 2012 2:10 pm

No Stupid questions here bud.
Tourney sign ups are posted the Sunday prior to the tourney.
It is 1st come 1st serve. You can view all the rules and tourneys on the main page in the lower right corner. That will answer 99% of your question.
If you have more feel free to ask. The knowledge on this site and the willingness to help is 2nd to none.

Posted Tue May 08, 2012 2:36 pm

Go Fish
Sorry it double posted so i just threw something in.

Posted Tue May 08, 2012 2:36 pm

Thanks! What about the whole thing with teams and what should I do if I don't have a boat?

Posted Tue May 08, 2012 2:45 pm

People usually team up to help the 50.00 fee and have twice the rods in the water. You can fish solo but it's still 50.00.
If you don't have a boat you can offer as an alternate in case someone is looking.But that is probably a rare case but worth a try.

Posted Tue May 08, 2012 3:03 pm

And is it two people max on a team?

Posted Tue May 08, 2012 3:06 pm

YES ONLY 2 PEOPLE PER TEAM! and I wouldn't suggest using your kayak, you'll need a live well, there was a discussion regarding the kayaks in the tournys and I think no one came up with a reasonable solution. Keep track of the thread for whitehall this weekend , sometimes people are left without partners for one reason or another. You might be able to be "THAT DUDE" that can fill in.

Posted Tue May 08, 2012 3:38 pm

If your interested in trying do tourney fishing with Kayak PM fdbass, i think he might be doing something like that. I fish out of a kayak a lot too so il probly gravitate towards that.

Posted Tue May 08, 2012 5:14 pm

wow thanks for all the help!

Posted Tue May 08, 2012 9:31 pm

i have a 14 ft alum w trailer but my liscense have been suspended if you have a hitch i`m interested

Posted Tue May 08, 2012 10:04 pm

chevin37

YES ONLY 2 PEOPLE PER TEAM! and I wouldn't suggest using your kayak, you'll need a live well, there was a discussion regarding the kayaks in the tournys and I think no one came up with a reasonable solution.

Whats wrong with trailing a stringer behind your kayak to keep the fish alive? I do this all the time and it is better than any live well.

PJ

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 7:25 am

Hey Pirouge joe love the name, I think next season we will change the way we do cartoppers, meaning single entry for $25 a person.
that way one guy doesn't have to pay the full 50 entry.

and I don't see anything wrong with using a stringer off a kayak.
it's been done that way for years. so next season the cartopper tourneys will be different, either that or we will run a few canoe kayak tourneys only, i bet we have great turnouts for those.

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 7:39 am

i'm in for a yaking tourney

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 9:30 am

I'm also in for a yaking tourney!

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 6:15 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links