Bangbang's Nasty Dirty Snapper

Last edited by meat7gtk on Fri May 04, 2012 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue May 03, 2011 8:27 am

You got balls man.

Posted Mon May 09, 2011 5:13 pm

I agree with above post, that turtle has a pretty decent strike range and I believe your hands are in it Smile

Posted Fri May 13, 2011 1:58 am

thats worth some cash at your local chineese restuarant!

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:55 pm

Being that I'm not Chinese, I have no idea if they eat snapping turtles or not. I always thought it was a southern thing. Are you just being ignorant or do you actually know of a place that sells/eats these things?

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:11 pm

When young kid growing up in Waltham, the rumor always was that there was an old chinese guy the would target snappers, so he could sell them to local chinese restaurants. I dont know if there is truth to this or not, like I said Ive only heard it as a rumor.

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:20 am

When I was a kid and not so much in the know about catch and release, I did a lot of fishing in Canton, MA because my family owned a liquor store there. I pulled a lunker about 24 inches or so out of a little pond and took it to my dad to see if he would get it done up at the taxidermist. It was too expensive and he didn't want to. So I took it next door to Wong's Cafe and traded it to the owner for some General Gau's chicken specials for my little brother and I. We saw him fillet and gut the thing and were so surprised to see what was in its stomach... Pennies, a pencap, all sorts of weird stuff!

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:13 am

Turtle is Awesome eating!!!!!!
I have some friends who trap them for food. They taste great!

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:15 pm

bcodkind

You got balls man.

I'd say. . .ya know ya got somethin' just NUTZzzz when every "fisherman" gives the Turtle the nod for the PIC of the month...no? AWESOME ma man.my whole family would be proud of that catch.And HELL yes it's GREAT EATS !I've got uncles that'd have made a whole weekend outta that BAD-BOY

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:58 am

Haha yeah...snappers can be angry. We deal with em a lot carp fishing..you are defo i the strike range lol Razz If your not careful we may have to start calling you BangBang 2Fingers!

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:28 am

blackstonecarp

Haha yeah...snappers can be angry. We deal with em a lot carp fishing..you are defo i the strike range lol Razz If your not careful we may have to start calling you BangBang 2Fingers!

haha

Posted Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:15 pm

scoobystas

I agree with above post, that turtle has a pretty decent strike range and I believe your hands are in it Smile

They can snap their heads back over and to the sides of their shells, half the distance of their body. Just happened to see that on tv the other day, giving demonstrations and all. I caught one many years ago that was huge. It growled at the Kman and I when I brought it up on the land, snapped down real hard, bit the hook in half that was in it's mouth and backed down into the water! NASTY tempers those buggers have!

Posted Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:40 am

When I was kid had snapper we kept in trash can for a while friend lifted it up and was staring at his turtle junk and almost got his lip torn off!Ended up with stitches can still see his father marching up the street to rip us a new one lol!

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:49 pm

ive heard about local Chinese restraunts buying turtles, but never seen first hand

Posted Thu May 03, 2012 2:56 pm

when i run into Snappers in the Kayak i paddle the other way,things have freaked me out since i was a kid(when i was young there was an old guy that would buy turtles from us when we caught them,$5 for bigguns and he'd give us $5 for 3 or 4 small 1's,dunno if he was eating them or selling them to restaurants)

Posted Fri May 04, 2012 6:08 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links