With the wife going back to school for her masters and my schudule at work different every week. I'm making it my goal to fish the hell out of wachusett res specially after missing a big one yesterday. Learned a couple new tricks about fishing there from a couple of guys. It all starts tomm at 5am for a couple of hours before work. Targeted species for me now to check off my list are lake trout, and landlocked salmon. Tiger Muskie and walleye will be the only species of fish I need to catch to clear out Massachusetts fresh water species.

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:47 pm

we fish the Res alot Fact my last 3 lakers all over 5 lbs
If you dont have perch use BIG KIVAS for Lakers.. Drop me a line if you want...

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:36 pm

I'm going early tom any tips on where to go haven't fished there in years looking for Lakers or a Salmon but will settle for whatever is biting!lol

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:52 pm

Imheading right where muskys pic was taken lost something big there on Sunday musky was that you over there Sunday morning?

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:04 pm

Might see you there printed up directions give it a shot I'm sure I will catch something just hoping for Laker or Salmon have never caught either one not many places around here to fish for them.My dad is from Maine and he used to catch Lakers all the time up at Moose head lake.

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:22 pm

Did musky let you k ow where that spot is?

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:42 pm

Went to small beach next to the dike.Windy as hell like fishing at the ocean tough time getting bait out there.One guy caught a nice one off a gold Kastmaster that was about it not sure if that was spot or not.

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:12 pm

Ya that's the spot fished there this morning 530 till I think 815. You must have been the guy that walked the dike. Sunday when I went guys caught 2 nice lakers and that guys today was decent. Just waiting for my turn at one. Stocking up on perch for my next trip

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:01 pm

You know the spot, you know the bait, one thing left bro...
The Loons will take your bait also, but if there in the bait fish are also

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:29 pm

Oh that was you I thought you looked familiar yeah game warden asked if I was fishing up there I told him i didn't know you couldn't he was cool he said no harm no foul now you know.Wish I knew a good Perch spot lol Thanks for the help now that I've seen one up close want one real bad I went fishing at 2 other lakes after that I was determined to catch something ended up with crappie pickerel and 2 rainbows last rainbow was nice one!

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:39 pm

What do you like best dusk or dawn?Thanks for the tips!

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:40 pm

I like early mornings the best while fishing for trout. I also carp fish a lot in the summer when the bite is slow and we use to carp fish only at night but I'm dialed in my skills carp fishing I can go any time of day and be successful. Musky where do you carp fish? I stick mainly to grafton and sutton area on the quinsig river and blackstone.

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:49 am

I carp fish Lake Quinsig..... I start Sat morning about 4 am

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:58 am

Do you fish the island off the bridge or a secret spot? Haven't tried quinsig for carp I know there are monsters I've seen them on my boat over by 20 swear they were the size of a baby manatee. We usually stick to our spot always catch something biggest one we have caught was high 20s. I need to stock back up on my carp bait for when my trout season ends

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:40 am

Little Brother won Gold pin from there 2 yrs ago 30 + ive missed them over 40 We fish the North End.... World Class Carp Fishing at the Lake

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:50 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links