It's a 12' v-hull rowboat with a deck and a trailer. No motor. Originally on Craig's List for $480, he said he would take $350. I have NEVER owned a boat before, let alone a trailer. Do you see anything in the pictures that would make you lean one way or the other? Thanks for your input!!

http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/boa/2922309150.html

Posted Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:44 am

I don't know man, if it were me and i've never owned one either. but that looks like it still needs a lot of work to get ready.
i'd hold off unless you plan on spending more than it's worth.
my 2 cents

Posted Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:49 am

What Johnny said.To much money!!
You will find way better if you hold out. jmo

Posted Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:56 am

It looks like the wood he used to build the deck is raw (not PT/painted or treated), which means it will rot away within 2 yrs.

Posted Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:26 am

V hulls and custom decks are tricky. If the boat is not wide enough to handle a higher center of gravity it will tip real easy. Especially if there are 2 people. Trailer maybe hurting tires/bearings. The carpet is nailed so it will come up. Not much room for gas tank or battery. 200-300 for it if he takes deck out.

Posted Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:17 am

So that's a resounding "NO!" Thanks for the input.

Posted Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:01 am

It looks like two different boats in the pictures to me

Posted Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:46 pm

There is a crawdad for sale on Craigs list in Plainville Ma for $250

Posted Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:08 pm

I have a 12' Jon boat if interested with an old galvy trailer. I still need to take some pics ... the details are posted in the classified's. It is a good boat and just sitting so a good deal to a MAFF'r to get it out of the yard.

Tate

Posted Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:42 am

stratos1966

There is a crawdad for sale on Craigs list in Plainville Ma for $250

I need a trailer too...

Posted Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:45 am

tate

I have a 12' Jon boat if interested with an old galvy trailer. I still need to take some pics ... the details are posted in the classified's. It is a good boat and just sitting so a good deal to a MAFF'r to get it out of the yard.

Tate

Hi Tate

I'm definitely interested in your boat/trailer. just need to see some pictures and such. Let me know.

Posted Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:47 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links