I was wondering what types of lures I should use for this time of year. I was thinking about some suspending jerkbaits and a football head jig along the rocks but are there any other good lures for this time of year.

Posted Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:33 pm

you are on the money. Try those and jigs. SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWW down tho.
good luck have fun

Posted Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:11 am

Pig and a Jig

Posted Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:54 am

thanks I ordered some lucky craft 100 pointers and some football jigs from tackle warehouse. I am going to try powerteam deisel craw with the dirty jigs piviot football jig.

Posted Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:35 pm

make sure the football jig isn't lead. That's a no no now unless they're an ounce or more

Posted Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:36 pm

I went out today and i caught nothing. But i also lost two jigs Crying or Very sad . Yes i will make sure they are not lead.

Posted Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:39 pm

bendeno22

I went out today and i caught nothing. But i also lost two jigs Crying or Very sad . Yes i will make sure they are not lead.

What a great day to be out. I went and scouted a couple of places and was kicking myself for not bringing some gear with me.

Posted Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:15 pm

What trailers do you guys think I should put on the jig?

Posted Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Uncle Josh frog pattern or anyone that is blue or black.

Posted Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:02 pm

a silver Mepps Aglia right out of the pkg puts ALOT of bass in my boat in the cold water....i have won MANY tournaments using this "stupid" bait lol ....i use 6# trilene green on a light action Bass rod....good rule to follow is pay attention to where the bass is hooked....if the bass are consistently hooked deep then go UP a blade size...if u are losing or barely hooking bass then go DOWN a blade size....i usuallly start with a #2 silver blade...

Posted Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Before the water temp reaches 60 degrees, when throwing a jig try dragging it first, very slowly (instead of hopping). Also try to use subtle trailers, which is why pig trailers are often mentioned, but basic plastic trailers are good to try too.

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:24 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links