hey guys im going out of my mind sitiing indoors doing noithing. was thinking about bounceing around trying my luck... any body got any suggestions on what would work the best?

Posted Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:15 pm

somthing small and soft and extreamly slow off the bottom maybe near a dropoff or ledge. when you think your fishing slow. then slow down even more the fish are too lathargic bass dont want to spend any energy to get there pray pickerell are a little more active maybe try some in line spinners try white hair colors and go darker as you go along. but still (slow)

Posted Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:14 pm

I would do just the opposite. Rip baits, shallow cranks and blade baits worked with short violent jerks. This causes a "reaction" strike and is the most productive way to fish in cold water. This technique works best in shallow ponds with no deep water access with a max depth of say 10'

Posted Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:19 am

rich i tried both. a littlt your way and a little my way. and it just wasnt my day. I went out for about 4 hrs and threw some soft plastics and some crank baits. smokey ended up pulling in 6 pearch. but the real question is how did you do bruno???

Posted Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:12 pm

basshunter62

rich i tried both. a littlt your way and a little my way. and it just wasnt my day. I went out for about 4 hrs and threw some soft plastics and some crank baits. smokey ended up pulling in 6 pearch. but the real question is how did you do bruno???

6 perch? sounds like a good dinner then!

Posted Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:00 pm

no luck here

Posted Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:08 pm

where did you end up going??? and you still havnt shown us a pic of your new float. we want details. theres so little this time of year.

Posted Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:37 pm

In shallow water you can't go wrong with a suspending jerkbait Exclamation Play with the retrieve until they let you know how they want it Exclamation Laughing

Posted Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:03 am

just went to a couple small spots in easton... didnt take the new boat just stopped for some shore fishing at work....[/img]

Posted Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:17 pm

Skunk Question Laughing

Posted Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:54 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links