so I was just wondering around BPS and was looking at the new Diawa t3 ballistic reel and saw these new frogs, I can't wait to throw this thing, I know it looks like the spro, but something about it has me itching to get out there.
anyone? thoughts? Live target lures

Posted Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:52 am

I throw em! AWESOME!
I really like the the reel!!!
Kinda out of my price range right now,But totally awesome
I like Diawa and abu garcia.

I hold back on buying to many frogs. I think they could get addicting to buy just because they are bad-ass looking.

Posted Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:09 am

yeah I hear ya there, I wait till the reel trade in sale, and get a new setup every year. the real T3 is $429, the ballistic is $249
it has three programable settings, so you can have one for like a spinnerbait and another for a crank and one for a soft bait, pretty neat new thing for Diawa. I'll get one and see.
the frogs I usually buy like a five pack of horny toads but I go through so many of them, the cost of the spro and live target ones last a little longer.

Posted Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:13 am

I've been fishing Live Target frogs since they premiered at the sportsmans show in 2010? They are nasty but I've got a small sponsorship deal this year with a newer company that makes 2 nasty ass frogs , ill have cards and product codes real soon you guys can use for 15% off the frogs, they run around 18$ a peice but are well worth it, as soon as they arrive i'll post the pics and hand out the cards. Sit tight boys their worth it.

Posted Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:24 am

johnnybag-a-bass

yeah I hear ya there, I wait till the reel trade in sale, and get a new setup every year. the real T3 is $429, the ballistic is $249
it has three programable settings, so you can have one for like a spinnerbait and another for a crank and one for a soft bait, pretty neat new thing for Diawa. I'll get one and see.
the frogs I usually buy like a five pack of horny toads but I go through so many of them, the cost of the spro and live target ones last a little longer.

I throw horny toads too. Kinda like a buzz-bait. i like them both. I use horny toads fast and live target for slower presentations or depending on my mood,ha
Try and save horny toads and melt them back together at home. A little work but saves money.

Posted Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:29 am

"yeah I hear ya there, I wait till the reel trade in sale, and get a new setup every year."

Does that happen @ bass pros during the BassMaster Classic Sale, which is at the end of the month right? Do they give you a decent trade in value?

Posted Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:34 am

frogs ftw ! u love em - cause the beautiful eyes

Posted Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:36 am

great neil more frogs, i can't wait.
yeah it depends on how much you spend, like 200 you get 10 something like that, i like it.

oh those eyes and little front legs , lol

Posted Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:58 am

koppers frogs are amazing. the smaller version doesn't cast as far as easily as spro but they're more realistic looking and the smaller version holds up much better than the bronzeye jr. neil count me in. i throw the frog any chance i can get.

Posted Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:07 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links