1st of all...when the MAFF tourney championship finals play out...does the winner get a trophy? WELL THEY SHOULD...'course it would appear chuck's mantle CANNOT handle anymore hardware ....Also ---is there EVER a sound system for broadcasting lakeside...I think the National Anthem before each one would be cool( I stole this idea) from The Eddleston tourneys hahaha...but more importantly YOU ALL NEED ENTRANCE MUSIC ! ! ! team BangBang--I would suggest Tesla"Modern Day Cowboy" when you hear it you'll know why I say that... It drives me LOONEY every time I see 'bang-bang' 'cause this one practically writes it's self...
and here's one that'll make some of ya peak over the fence...is there an OFFICIAL MAFF Grille`"GRUB TRUCK"lakeside @ these EVENTS If not THERE SHOULD BE--it's on the FAQ list on almost every thread that has to do with the launches(where's the local food and coffee?)What if we tried to end that question by doin' it OUR SELVES?----->looking over in Evan's(TheFishingGreek) direction ... I'd be interested to see what guys are throwin' on the flames !I thought about this for a while before mentioning it .I KNOW there are at the very least a few chefs on the circuit because they've told me already !
yea yea I know...'just another look inside the TWIZTED MIND of Dave from Wista!

Posted Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:03 am

Funny stuff there man but I don't think the neighbors wanna hear Eminem while I'm launching.

Posted Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:41 am

Dave grate ideas. Only thing if your going to have food we'll need some suds to wash it down.
I was also thinking seeing there are more and more teams joining in wouldn't it be great to have an East and West schedule and the final could be the 5 best of each battle it out.
Just an idea.

Posted Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:43 am

rokibass

Dave grate ideas. Only thing if your going to have food we'll need some suds to wash it down.
I was also thinking seeing there are more and more teams joining in wouldn't it be great to have an East and West schedule and the final could be the 5 best of each battle it out.
Just an idea.

I suggested to Johnny B the other day (6) divisonz w/a championship
North East...South East...North Central South Central...Northwest & SouthWest based on a team's HOME ZIP CODE(no brainer) top 5 from each bracket would do a 30 boat Quarter-Finals-Top 20 Semis ad a TOP 10 Championship...somthin' t chew on guys ...I'm SURE teams like "NorthShore" & "SouthShore" can appreciate this concept ....since those teams ACTUALLY inspired my thoughts on this
---I don't drink Rog`...I spent 10 years hunting for Captain Morgan a 1/2 gallon a day some times ...yea...I had a PROBLEM hahahahah I used t' drink in the morning shower...ALTHOUGH decriminalization has been a welcome friend of mine over the past couple years

Posted Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:00 am

Has it ever been considered using The Quabbin itself as the Championship Site? Question

Posted Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:31 am

riverrat82

Has it ever been considered using The Quabbin itself as the Championship Site? Question

I'm pretty sure they don't allow tourneys

Posted Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:33 am

shawneramone

riverrat82

I'm pretty sure they don't allow tourneys

Well...opening day there is as busy as anything I've seen in my life so if that's the case it's pretty counter intuitive....and if the use of the standard rental there doesn't completely even the "boating" playing field I don't know what would

Posted Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:38 am

One time in the spring a few years ago Darren and I got on the road a little late cuz we were up late boozin and having trouble getting motivated. When we got to gate 43 there was already a line. By counting the cars in front of us without boats and counting the boats on the water we determined we'd get the last one. I go up to the window and ask for a boat and he says we only have row boats left. Well what about that one I ask? The motor is broken. WTF? We declined a row boat and drove to wachusette to wet a line. We gave up fairly quick. We vowed to never miss a boat again and have been the 1st or 2nd in line ever since then. My point is that it would suck to go there thinking you were gonna rent a boat to be in a tourney and not get one

Posted Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:11 am

I bet that Josh kid that works gate43 could be reasoned with to stash boats for the right guys hahahahahaa yea ...I met Josh this year ..he's the man Shawn...that's MY GATE you're usin' there bud ...so don't take my parking spot hahahahaaaaaa

Posted Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:17 am

I been goin to gate 43 before ol Josh started working there.

Posted Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:48 am

shawneramone

I been goin to gate 43 before ol Josh started working there.

Seriously? he's been there 15 years Shawn...you' been out there for that long?....yup...me n you..next spring...no doubt now

Posted Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:58 am

That sounds about right. I'm getting to be an old timer.

Posted Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:01 am

Gate 43! You go right by my geocache Dave. Have you found it yet?

Posted Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:50 pm

jwall046

Gate 43! You go right by my geocache Dave. Have you found it yet?

Hmmmm? did you give me the dotz?

Posted Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:53 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links