hi guys. just wondering if the water got too cold too fast. Iwas out last sat. before the hurricane came up coast from 9am-1pm and all we got was 2 pickerell and a left over rainbow troute from spring stocking. the water temp was56-58. then went outlast thurs water temp was 51-54 depending on were you were. with overcast skys and ended up with 1 1LBER largemouth a pic and a rainbow. shouldent the largemouth be fatening up for the winter. we tried just about everything all over the lake and even went up the river. tried the shallows rockie points. but without the sun to help things were slow to nothing. the one thing i didnt hav was some hair jigs to try. i will prob go out mon seeing its gona be 70 degrees. am i beating a dead horse??? it seams like i was catching a lot more fish last fall. anybody got any ideas outher targeting smallies
thanks for any ideas guys basshunter

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:08 pm

Two weekends ago, the bite was on fire at a couple of ponds that I hit. I hit one of those ponds again yesterday and only had one bite during three hours of fishing. (profile pic). My buddy fishing with me nailed two.
I'm guessing the sudden drop in water temp has made the bite tough. The bite will turn back on once the fish adjust to the colder water temps.

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:34 pm

That's exactly what happened Exclamation All that cold rain and snow dropped the water temp. too quick. Things haven't really stabilized yet. This is the worse fall fishing that I can remember! The fish aren't where they usually are this time of year and aren't doing what they should be doing Exclamation Has been quite strange so far Exclamation Laughing

Posted Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:20 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links