I set out this first season back in the "fresh-water"to find something 1/2 way out...real anglers will understand I think . . .not quite the "back yarder". . .not quite the "weekender" ya with me so far?. . .I thought I'd studied it up..this was the spot...til we arrived...The public ramp was closed due to intensive damage.damage from the June 1st 2011 tornado.as of July this area remained closed.
I put this into general discussion hoping Johnny & The Crewz will consider this a spot for MAFF tourney day(s) in the future & in hopes that some of us "localz" could find ways to lend a hand to that town to open thier precious lake back up. . .any ideas or info on it will probably help. The ecology of a GREAT FISHING lake is in a considerable amount of trouble here .It was once considered a Premier Anglers Lake and is connected to an INCREDIBLE amount of other fishing HOTSPOTZzz in the area that rely on one another and include the Quaboag river and pond...Wickaboag Lake. . .Long Pond. . .The Hamilton Res..and many more. . .and as we know these areas rely on one another for eco reasons.
Just puttin' this out there to see if the MAFF crewzzz can some how HELP this bad situation out . . .I live I Worcester I can't see that lake from my house...but something about it bugz me

Posted Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:38 am

I've been using my Sunday drives with the ol' lady to scout spots for next season...I spend ALOT of time in the Central Mass Diamond 20-9-&2 (divided by) 148/67/19/31/56/32 and a few other cross-overs I just don't want t' share(hahaa)
ANYWAYZzzz I happened by the public ramp over @ EastBrimfield Lake (A PREMIER FISHING LAKE) and it's ALMOST OPEN AGAIN! Props to that DPW in such a small town to pick that WRECKAGE up so quickly.And I tell ya that ramp was D E S T R O Y E D,they parked mega-tons of debris on it almost all summer
I realize that doesn't help us as fisherman this year...but can you imagine how CRAZY the spring "ACTION" will be in this lake after almost no pressure since june 1st 2011(tornadoday)---it's been hit...but BARELY and RARELY ---personally I can't wait til this lake re-opens---and it should DEFINETLY be used on the MAFF tourney circuit in 2012---you all will not be dis-appointed if you consider this spot!

Posted Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:42 pm

My dad and uncle used to ice fish there all the time when they lived in Springfield/Westfield area. They said they used to get some nice pike out of there...why wait til the spring??? I'd consider driving out there for an ice fishing gathering if people in the area are interested!

I saw pics of a 23 pound pike from the Hamilton Res this past winter Smile

Posted Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:32 pm

volume4130

My dad and uncle used to ice fish there all the time when they lived in Springfield/Westfield area. They said they used to get some nice pike out of there...why wait til the spring??? I'd consider driving out there for an ice fishing gathering if people in the area are interested!

I saw pics of a 23 pound pike from the Hamilton Res this past winter Smile

Where there or quaboag?

Posted Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:59 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links