i drove by the ramp last weekend (boat loaded up) and was suprised to find construction fence up all around the ramp. instead of throwing on the hardhat and taking the fence apart with a screwdriver, i decided to redirect to a different pond. it looks like they are working on a damned portion, not the ramp.
does anyone know if there is any other place to slide in a car-topper? or when they might be opening the ramp back up?
thanks guys -Bill

Posted Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:31 pm

I was there 2 months ago, same scenario. I drove around no place to drop a canoe.

Posted Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:06 pm

Sounds like the fishing will be awesome next year Smile

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:33 am

Thanks for the info. If I hear or see anything else (or find a way in) I will post ASAP. I love this place. Wouldn't mind seeing a cartopper tourney here sometime Very Happy And I also think this will help next season even bette!!

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:39 am

I'm seriously debating bushwhacking it through the woods !

Posted Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:49 pm

I think I'm going to try to scout out a new way in during the week next week. I will let you guys know what I find

Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:51 am

seen some guys come in over the tracks on the back side with a car topper.......

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:32 pm

A) u happen to know off what road about ?
and B) Are U freaking serious with that monster ur holding in that profile pick ?!

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:53 pm

check like google maps and look at the pond. If you look at the complete opposite side of the pond from the ramp, the mbta tracks are there. There is a road somewhere over there you can pull off and there's like a gate you can park a couple cars. Tried that route but gave up and went to the ramp.

I think I have shown more people that pic of my fish then of my daughter!! Just under 6 lbs. Look closely at the pic how I had him.... Sucked the senko in so hard it went through it's gills!

Posted Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am

Got on in it Monday from the opposite end of the public access. Took some elbow grease to get through some shallow marsh but it was worth it ! Got there about noon and left about 5-5:30. Caught about thirty bass between me and my buddy. I was in em for about 20-23 and he was in the low teens. They were between a pound and 2.75. I was hoping for a lunker but honestly I can't complain we caught them all day. All mine were on topwater and his were on a rapala. I'm thinking the overcast skies combined with the cooler temperature and spots of light rain (oxidation) throughout the dat was just a perfect recipe for success. And not to mention the unbelievable structure in this lake. It was fun. Surreal really. At one point I caught 4 fish on four casts. I've never experienced a day like that as far as quantity. Well worth the wait !! Very Happy

Posted Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:14 am

I have to get in this place!

Posted Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:33 am

I love this place, I went there a little over a year ago damn maybe even two now. and killed it on the electric blue jig all day long. my arm was legit tired when i got home, awesome day!

Posted Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:36 am

I'd love to get in here, but I do not know the area at all. Could someone pinpoint on a map where I can get in with a kayak?

Posted Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:44 am

I as gonna say all u jig and plastics enthusiasts would probably do very well there 2. Tons of stumps and trees submerged in the water. Tons of pads and weedlines. I'm telling ya I was laughing at my buddy saying,"Is this real rite now ?" "Is this really happening?" Fun Stuff. My thumb is still all chewed up

Posted Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:48 am

Has anyone taken a full-size boat in there? I realize that it's not an option right now, but can it be done in general? I've only ever been there once, in high wind, and I stayed in the pool near the ramp.

Posted Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:14 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links