I bought this prop for my trolling motor The other day. It costs 25 bucks at Bass Pro but I paid 14.99 for it on Amazon. They claim it's 100% weedless. Today I was on a very weedy that I usually have to keep clearing the motor every time I move. Not today. This prop really works. For anyone who knows the frustration I'm talking about, You need to get this prop. I wish I had this thing at Attitash and Norton Res.

Posted Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:16 pm

nice review. i was about to get one b/c i definitely know what you're talking about so it's good to hear that it's legit.

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:38 am

What is the name of this prop. I want one too.

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:20 am

Me too!

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:41 am

I have one and it does what it claims. You still get clumps of weeds etc, wrapped on the pole of the motor and the motor itself, but it will not get sucked into the prop. Reverse has the opposite effect, try not to run motor in reverse if you are in thick clumps of weeds.

5 stars from me, the weedless wedge gets the job done.

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:34 am

Just went online to BPS, does the Weedless Wedge only fit Minn Kota trollers or will it fit Motorguide as well?? If anyone knows I would appreciate some info
FISH HARD!

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:39 am

kman

I have one and it does what it claims. You still get clumps of weeds etc, wrapped on the pole of the motor and the motor itself, but it will not get sucked into the prop. Reverse has the opposite effect, try not to run motor in reverse if you are in thick clumps of weeds.

5 stars from me, the weedless wedge gets the job done.

My Minn kota prop ( regular one) never gets cloged.. Like you said, the shaft gets loaded up to the point if slows down the prop. You will notice a significant reduction is speed with the "weedless" prop since it is made to cut and not built for speed/power

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:46 am

You will notice a significant reduction is speed with the "weedless" prop since it is made to cut and not built for speed/power

agreed, but if you are in a place loaded with weeds, you're not going to be getting much speed. Its good to have a couple of props.

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:05 am

kman

You will notice a significant reduction is speed with the "weedless" prop since it is made to cut and not built for speed/power

agreed, but if you are in a place loaded with weeds, you're not going to be getting much speed. Its good to have a couple of props.

True. I fish a lot of places that have both open water and weeds, Agawam river and Norton come to mind. I like to be able to move from spot to spot and get through the weeds. I personally don't see a major difference in the 2 props and the loss in power is more important to me.

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:34 pm

I have a cartopper like a pelican. I use a 30lb minn kota. It seemed faster with the weedless wedge. The prop is bigger than the one it replaced. They do have different ones for the different motors.

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:52 pm

I had to buy a new 30lb minkota last year because I could not get a replacement switch for it, too old. funny thing was the old model came standard with the weedless prop. so I switched it to my new motor which had a smaller prop. I think it is faster and kman is right it don't go in reverse thru weeds.

Last edited by oldfisher on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:19 pm

Went to BPS tonight and checked them out was hoping to find something compatable for My Motorguide Bow Mount but only found the Machete, which is what comes standard on my unit, I stay buried in the thickest slop I can find and most times need a push pole to navigate, really wish motorguide made one similar

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:25 pm

sinista

Went to BPS tonight and checked them out was hoping to find something compatable for My Motorguide Bow Mount but only found the Machete, which is what comes standard on my unit, I stay buried in the thickest slop I can find and most times need a push pole to navigate, really wish motorguide made one similar

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_10205425_225001005_225000000_2250010

Posted Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:08 am

shawneramone

sinista

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_10205425_225001005_225000000_2250010

Thank for the heads up on the Safari Prop I saw that one last night as well, my only concern is how the hell wold it fold down when I stow my motor? seems as though I only have around a half inch between the blade and deck when the motor is in the stow position, this prop is far larger than the factory one, in any case thank you again for the heads up, you guys and this sight rock!!

Fish Hard

Posted Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:23 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links