Denny and I went to the Concord River this morning and meet Brenden on the water. Water was a warm 66-68 deg. Caught a few, is this place really hard to fish or is it me? We never have any real luck at this place, I think I need to go to China Town and get a couple of hand granades if we want our limit.

Posted Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:11 pm

I fish the Concord fairly regularly... going out of the boat launch on the Bedford/Carlisle line, and I usually have a tough time catching the bass. There are places that look like 'prime bass spots' on the river... but I usually never have much luck catching them.

I do catch a lot of Northern Pike there which is always fun! And some of them get pretty big there. I also catch a lot of perch there too...

Speaking of the Concord, when is the sign up going to be posted for this weekends tournament?? Team Dojo would like to make an appearance for the Father's Day Classic. Smile

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:25 am

Honestly me and ed were there this past sat in the rain and had about 8 decent bass within three hours.
it can be tough but at times like anywhere else, but i think this river produces quite a bit.
if you head up river to the right of the ramp it takes you to billerica, always have luck up there.

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:08 pm

Johny any size to the 8? This sounds like a REAL fish story! Spinner bait or jig?

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:23 pm

I know huh, there were like 5 of them that were like 14" - 15" keepers. I had like two 16". Couple lbs one about three.

I can't make it Sunday but I still can't reveal my secrets, lol
I got most of them with the horny toad and a 4" super fluke.
It really is a nice place to fish. Good luck to you guys

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:43 pm

Johny I dont care what Smoke says about you, your ALRIGHT in my book.

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:47 pm

THAT'S WHY YOU DONT GET SHIRTS F@#CKERRRR HA HA

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Love the horny toad Johnny

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:11 pm

Denny and I have a shirts! REMEBER?

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:22 pm

I hit up the Concord today for a few hours, well technically it was the Sudbury River, it was right after the Concord ends and the river splits between the Sudbury and Assabet.

Got a nice little one pounder when I got there, and about 2.5 hours later, just as I was about to leave I hooked into a monster! My biggest bass to date, just over 5 lbs. Epic battle, and boy do I feel great right now. I was by myself so even though I attempted to take 4 pics none of them came out well at all, my phone was soaked, my rod somehow ended up completely submerged and I ended up in about 6 inches of water when releasing the fish and I didn't even realize it, but I couldn't have cared less.

Posted Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:14 pm

nice job man, that river's loaded with em'

Posted Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:21 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links