Does any one know where I can purchase a shear pin for my Minn Kota Edge 45 thrust pin drive (manf. part number 2092600) in store. I need it before the weekend. I tried West Marine and they said they had to special order it and could take weeks... Any suggetions??

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 6:38 am

Is this the shear pin at the prop? If so check your local Wal-Mart. I found them there for my trolling motor before.

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 6:51 am

tunameltdown

Is this the shear pin at the prop? If so check your local Wal-Mart. I found them there for my trolling motor before.

Yes thats it! When I went on line for walmart they show what they have in stock in the sores and said it needed to be ordered but I will check in store any way.

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 6:56 am

jamesd

tunameltdown

Yes thats it! When I went on line for walmart they show what they have in stock in the sores and said it needed to be ordered but I will check in store any way.

The Wal-Mart in Northbridge MA has them on the self along with some spare props. If you strike out at Wal-Mart, Call Barry at Barry'y Bait & Tackle in Worcester. He is a Minn Kota repair guru and will more than likely have what you need.

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 7:00 am

That's definitely something you want to have extra. You might need to hit bps

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 7:01 am

Shawn how many you have extra on your boat , help the guy out!

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 7:38 am

I have one backup. I'm not giving it up. Murphys law was written because of me. I carry a spare prop too.

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 7:42 am

I called walmart and they said they had it and even went online and it showed they had them in stock at the Lynn store but when I got there they said that they were none left on the shelf and they were discontinued.
I found a place in Everett that ordered me the kit 2pack of (pin drives, washers and nuts ) and said they would have it in 12 hours. Hopefully it all works out.
Thanks to all for the advice except for Mr Awesome.

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 9:16 am

Hahaha. I was saving the best advice that was passed to me from another maffer. I bought an 8/0 hook and cut the shaft to length and used that until the pins I ordered on eBay came in

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 10:02 am

you guys should kiss and make up. you practically live next to each other.

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 10:10 am

His name should be Mr Selfish not Mr Awesome!!

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 10:21 am

It's called tough love

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 10:36 am

I know Wareham Walmart has them it's only 2 exits further than carver coming from your direction

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 10:39 am

ademarco85

I know Wareham Walmart has them it's only 2 exits further than carver coming from your direction

Thanks! I always fish in that area so now I know where to go if I need one in a pinch in that area.

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 10:42 am

they sell a pin at home depot I dont remember what its called but it is an exact fit for prop pins.

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 10:47 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links