Real sad, tragic

Posted Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:26 pm

That's awful =/ I hope the family can find strength in each other to cope as best they can.

Hopefully this will make people be a little more conservative in regards to the weather. No fish is worth the risk, no matter how remote.

Posted Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:05 pm

Lighting is no joke. There was an article in field and stream a few issues back about this guy and his son that were out in a metal row boat fishing, it started to storm/lightning and they're lollygagging back in, apparently no rush, and the kid ended up getting zapped. He didn't die, but was in the hospital and all. They showed a picture of the rod he was holding and it looked like a lock of long black hair attached to a handle...scary stuff!

Posted Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:55 pm

Lightening is deadly...my family gives me a hard time about being "afraid" lightening but as this sad report shows it can kill you.

When I was a teenager I used to shoot competitively and whenever we would see it clouding up and getting stormy we would pack it up fast! I have a real healthy respect for lightening.

Posted Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:41 pm

THAT WILL MAKE ME THINK TWICE ABOUT WAITING ON THE WATER TO LONG WHEN A STORM COMES!!! I FEEL FOR THE POOR LADY THAT'S HORRIBLE!!!HE JUST WANTED TO FISH

Posted Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:21 pm

Wow, thats brutal. Definately an eye opener. I try live by "If you can hear the thunder, you can be struck by lightning" Scary stuff!

Posted Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:44 am

Wow! That's awful! I couldn't help but get choked up.
I was fishin sunday morning @ 5 am. When I got up the skies were black, with a small clearing just north. I decided to not take my boat out & just fish from shore if the weather got better. It cleared up & was a nice morning. I was pretty bummed that I didn't take my boat. But, seeing that I feel like I made the right decision!

Posted Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:05 am

I actually stayed out in the massive storm Saturday. Caught some bass, but after reading this, pretty dumb on my end...

My search for Larry will be the death of me

Posted Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:06 am

Sorry to hear about that. My condolences to the family.

I'll admit I fished in the middle of a thunderstorm at Buckmaster Pond. It was stupid and I should've bailed before the storm came.

Lesson here:

No Fish is worth your life, there's always tommorow.

Posted Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:26 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links