I am planning to fish Sampsons Pond in the next week. Has anyone had any luck there recently? Has the recreational boating activity affected the bass fishing? Thanks.

Posted Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:49 pm

Home of The Whopper! Laughing

Posted Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:49 pm

Or so the story goes. Rolling Eyes

Posted Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:23 pm

still great place to fish even if boat traffic is bad. You just need to figure out where they are hiding. shouldnt be that hard.

Posted Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:35 pm

Rocks,grass and weeds,mostly rocks and grass.Good fish in there.Caught a lot of 5's and seen a lot of 6's caught by others.Lots of water to fish.Don't know for sure if the record is there or Sampsons cove at Assawompsett.Good luck,find the submerged rocks and the humps and you may be pleased.If you're gassing be careful.

Posted Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:33 pm

It's been good lately I've caught a lot 3-5 pounders. There's a lot of places recreational boaters stay away from in there and that's where I fish.

Posted Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:23 pm

One of the places I'd like to check out this season. Keep the reports coming guys or PM me if you feel better!

Posted Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:39 pm

My profile fish was caught there. If you know the pond I'm sure you know the spot.

Posted Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:43 pm

kissmybass - hes right about spots in sampson. for some reason, I could figure out three spots for winter spot, spring/fall spot, and summer spot. Only big fish stay those three spots. while rest of ponds are dinks up to 3 pounds. with occasional 5-6lbs roam around for some action.

Here is one of them. Smile still roaming there.

Posted Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:33 pm

Damn, what was weight on that hog? Beautiful fish!

Posted Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:02 pm

never been to Sampsons Pond.. I read some where you need a sticker to park there? or is that only for the beach area. looking at google earth i'm seeing some kayaks going in off of lakeview st, is this where cartops would launch?

Posted Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:13 pm

Yes, you can park on off the road. not road near to pond(car park lot). it should be near woods. and those car park lot is required permit stickers. Good Luck.

p.s. my bass is 7.8lbs

Posted Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:27 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links