my season has not been going well.... but the last week or so has been a nightmare................what do u guys do when in a slump? fish more or take a couple days off ( ive been out a LOT the last few weeks )

Posted Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:38 pm

Go back and fish your strengths. Eventually the ball will start rolling again

Posted Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:41 pm

Senko

Posted Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:41 pm

Sling some Senkos, at least that's what Stratos recommends!

Posted Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:44 pm

You just have to keep plugging away! I hadn't caught one close to 3lb since ice out. This morning I got a 3 and a 4! Felt good to finally get a couple of good fish. Very Happy

Posted Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:30 pm

Senkos: Turning zeros into heros for over a decade

Posted Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:06 pm

thanks for the tips guys....... did better tonight ( numbers wise ) nothing big or even close to big, but took a step in the right direction..........back to basics....AND I tossed a senko for a little while too!!

Posted Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:16 pm

Glad to hear the slump is done Jay.... I had one earlier this year. Went to a totally different pond and fished and had a dink-fest!! - Caught around 20+ little bass. Broke the slump, now I'm back hunting bigger and better. Good luck to you in the future!!

Posted Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:44 am

go back to the ponds you know, and fish your confidence baits!
or use shiners

Posted Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:31 am

I feel your pain. I'm in a major slump too. Nothing over 2 pounds in the half dozen times I've been out this year. Somethings gotta give soon! Keep on casting away!

Posted Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:36 pm

im in a slump myself! havent bass fished in awhile. thats not the problem.

ive never had so many big bass bite in my entire life! ive never lost so many big bass in my entire life either! i had the biggest bass of my entire life. 8lbser spit the hook. lost a 6lbser last saturday! saw it jump as it went into the cable for a cranberry bog pump.

watching the biggest smallie of my life engulf my bait. missed it!

biggest laker of my life hit! missed it!

GOD DAMN IT!!!

Posted Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:49 am

I toss out a little floating blue and silver squarebilled crankbait (like for crappie, dives about 2 feet or so) and troll it behind my kayak near shore, everything in sight will hit that. Got a 4lb bass last night that way--wasn't expecting that! Lazy way to fish but it seems to bring on the bite.

Also small spinnerbait, they like that too.

Posted Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:15 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links