i know this place is illegal to fish... but this is probably the best place i have ever fished 5 pound largies are common and average is 2. it is filled with a wild population of alewives that bass destroy at night my friend has caught a 6 pound pickerel ice fishing, his dad has caught A 10 pounder but he has been fishing there since he was 12 and he is now like 45. i have caught pretty much everything in there from all the trout species to white catfish all it needs is pike and muskies but i hope will never get them but have you guys ever fished there ?

Posted Fri May 29, 2015 12:50 pm

I just read a story about how this lake used to be so pure and clean that the ice was shipped overseas to a queen; and that we somehow ruined it with fly ash from a nearby coal combustion waste dumping site - making the waster toxic. The story ended there, but I presume there was some sort of clean-up to make it useful as a reservoir.

Posted Fri May 29, 2015 1:48 pm

tacklesmith

I just read a story about how this lake used to be so pure and clean that the ice was shipped overseas to a queen; and that we somehow ruined it with fly ash from a nearby coal combustion waste dumping site - making the waster toxic. The story ended there, but I presume there was some sort of clean-up to make it useful as a reservoir.

its actually the salem and Beverly water supply the water is actually really clean it has a healthy population for all kinds of wildlife

Posted Sat May 30, 2015 11:34 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links