There you are, cruising along on the water. You see a nice lily pad field and you decide to go check it out. The water in front of the lily pads is 8 ft deep. How do you fish the lilly pad field?? What is your go to lure??

Posted Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:04 pm

frog and whatever you can pitch in there.

Posted Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:09 pm

I do what he does ⬆

Posted Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:11 pm

I see what Shawn and Sam do, and I do the opposite

Posted Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:17 pm

Remember to fish the edges of the lillys too

Posted Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:36 pm

stratos1966

I see what Shawn and Sam do, and I do the opposite

yeah i know...you sling senkos to the edge. maybe a spinnerbait.

Posted Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:55 pm

frog and weighted t-rig.

for frogs I like the spro bronze eye in killer gill

for t-rigs I like missile bait d bombs, and zoom brush hogs and trick worms

Posted Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:57 pm

mikem

frog and weighted t-rig.

the booyah frogs are better, the plastic is much softer which means more hook up ratio.

Posted Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:29 pm

I do pretty good with a Koppers Live Target Leopard Frog pattern and a Lake Fork Frog Tail Hook 2/0, for added hookup ratio. I've seen the trailer make a difference on more than half of my hookups and it is still pretty weedless.

Posted Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:23 am

enogueira

mikem

frog and weighted t-rig.

the booyah frogs are better, the plastic is much softer which means more hook up ratio.

I'm with Mike. I've thrown the spro and the booya popping frog on the same day and have caught way more on the spro. It's a little thinner. I think that was the difference

Posted Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:49 am

I don't know why but the killer gill color out produces all my other frogs put together.

Posted Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:25 am

mikem

I don't know why but the killer gill color out produces all my other frogs put together.

I caught so many fish on the killer gill that it wasn't usable anymore. It started sinking. It's a great color. They have a pad crasher that's close. I'm waiting for a TW order with a new killer gill. Should be here tomorrow.

Posted Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:03 am

shawneramone

mikem

I caught so many fish on the killer gill that it wasn't usable anymore. It started sinking. It's a great color. They have a pad crasher that's close. I'm waiting for a TW order with a new killer gill. Should be here tomorrow.

That must be what Sam uses then?

Posted Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:15 am

pocketfisherman

shawneramone

mikem

That must be what Sam uses then?

when I first ordered them they didn't have what Sam uses available so I just picked the pattern I liked best.

Posted Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:47 am

http://southernlure.goodbarry.com/tackle_box

I keep going back to the original green & yellow scum frog and white & red tiny toad. The bassrat is also a killer in the weeds.

Posted Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:02 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links