last year this time! i had multiple 4s and 5s! coulpe pushin 6 and one over 7!

this year i havent broke the 5lbs mark! ice fishing was awesome! but open water has been s*** for me!

havent even caught a keeper striper yet this year!

dont get me wrong im catching fish! just not biggons

Posted Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:47 am

It's not just you, I have the same problem.

Last year I caught more bass over 4/5/6lbs than at any other point in my life....this year, I can't buy a fish >3lbs.

Not sure what it is, but from looking around where I fish it looks like water levels are down enough to notice from last year, and I think it has affected where fish are holding.

Posted Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:03 am

guess the best thing to do is keep fishing!!! maybe a biggon will bite!!!

this past ice season was weird! catching alot of bass and pickere on tiny panfish jigs!!

4.15 caught on a panfish jig! i was nailing big gills and a monster hit it!!

Posted Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:22 am

Same here, I caught my personal best this April though. 7.1lbs in Plymouth. So I can't complain too much. But for the past month or two, I've been slamming fish, but it's been a dink parade. All 1-2lb's. Some under 1lb. I caught a decent 3.1 last week, but for me its been quantity not quality this year. Wish I could have both Razz Although I myself have noticed that water levels have fluctuated quite a bit myself. Most of my fish have actually been in deeper water. (By deeper I mean greater than 8-10 feet. Last year all of my fish were generally shallower than 10-12 feet. Gonna have to just keep fishing, and find the patterns. This year has been fun and a challenge so far!

Posted Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:59 am

its been quanity instead of quallity! last year was quallity!!

i mean im still catching fish! but no biggons! biggest of the season was 4.15 threw the ice on panfish jig catching big gills on 4lbs test line an ultra light.

open water biggest this season is 4.10

Posted Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:25 pm

Just hit stump pond from shore. 10 bass total over 2 hours and not one over 2 pounds. I feel your pains

Posted Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:29 pm

themasterg

Just hit stump pond from shore. 10 bass total over 2 hours and not one over 2 pounds. I feel your pains

Are there still dead Swans littering the shore?

Not sure what happen but last time I was there I saw at least 3 of them. Decided to take the kids somewhere else.

I feel like stump is going south. It gets the s*** fished out of it just about every day.

Posted Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:45 pm

themasterg

I was there today for a few hours and caught less than that. the pond just doesn't look healthy this year. water is dirty and so are the weeds. this was the biggest I got. I was there in the middle of the day.

Posted Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:18 pm

Gonna try to get out tomorrow and get some bigguns! I have not been skunked yet this season and the numbers are there, just not really any size. Biggest is just over 4 pounds which is way behind from past year at this time.

Posted Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:46 pm

the variable weather is really messing things up.

Posted Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:05 pm

I have to disagree with you samf. Sure, weather is definitely mess up. But I made them into my favor to fish.. I went fishing with my dad at yesterday, to well-known bass spot, and we was pulled over 30+ bass in 5 hours. 9 bass in 4 pounds, 3 bass in 5 pounds, and one 6.5 pounds. with a lunker 7.8 pounds.

I fished with Bassturds at two weeks ago, we was hitting them in beds and few bass at drop offs. We might have between 15-20 bass in all day. but so many smallies in 3 pounds range.

But related to saltwater, yes, something happen to them (for beach fishing. Definitely not same as last year or few years ago. but for boaters, it is way better season similar with 2006 or 2007.. vague to recall exact year.

Posted Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:50 pm

I've been doing just fine but the weather has really changed places and set them back this year in terms of weed growth.

I've even had really good days with blue bird skies.

I went to a place around Boston last week where the small is are 4-6 pounds on average and absolutely killed it. All on top water and mini slammers.

Posted Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:16 pm

wow. that's awesome! I killed them with weightless flukes and punch the pads with jigs.

yeah, I agreed on set back for weed growth. last year, my pond was fulled of it. They was never existed until last year! but now, didn't see any weeds at my pond! Weird!

Posted Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:24 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links