So went over to the dam yesterday and saw they have a big chunk of wood blocking the boat ramp. Never seen this before and I think it's there intentionally because I want to put the new boat in. On the plus side the sail boat house is awesome and puts off a ton of light for so night fishing at the docks

Posted Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:32 am

Like a roadblock? What's up with that?

Posted Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:05 am

Yea it looks like one of the old timbers that are to the left of the ramp kinda where rich dove in haha

Posted Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:08 am

Hopefully its just waiting to be removed

Posted Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:11 am

Maybe they're gonna redo the ramp since its horrible with the 2 foot drop off in it. Or maybe it's the tufts guys being jealous that we don't shave our legs.

Posted Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:19 am

i think it's to prevent you guys from creeping on the college girls.

maybe it's bc people have been using their gas motors?

Posted Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:07 am

No idea but I'm going to find out.

Posted Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:25 am

There's no way they're doing that ramp over. I bet the Northshore guys put it there so they can have the place to themselves

Posted Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:56 am

I'm being optimistic but your right they won't do that ramp over. There not getting in there before me even if I have to chain the wood up and pull it outta there!

Posted Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:07 pm

I would not be surprise if the ramp being blocked has something to do with the upcoming herring run. The Mystic watershed association treat the herring run as the second coming.

With the new sailing center owned by Tufts, and the existing boat club, I would not be surprised if public access over there is on borrowed time. I heard a rumor that Tufts owns the land where the launch is located. Who knows?

Posted Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:59 pm

Tufts owns everything

Posted Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:10 pm

The dam and the ramp are Dcr I'm pretty sure. Ramp access should be allowed but parking is probably another story

Posted Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:40 pm

Yeah, I stopped by last week to check out if there was ice. There was about 4-5 railroad ties together & tied to a stake next to boat ramp, not blocking it. Figured it was tied up to keep it outta the dam?

That would SUCK if its too keep us out!!

Posted Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:47 pm

That's what I thought too about keeping it out of the dam but it is defiantly blocking half the ramp now maybe from all the rain it moved

Posted Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:50 pm

shawneramone

There's no way they're doing that ramp over. I bet the Northshore guys put it there so they can have the place to themselves

LOL, that made me laugh Shawn Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !

Posted Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:24 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links