Thought I would share some of my recent work. 1st is a repaint of a R2S bait I bought in the ugly Fire Tiger pattern that I turned into a yellow Perch. Next are 2 swimbaits I make myself, a 2x cranker/waker and a 1x waker in yellow perch.

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:07 am

Pretty amazing.

Those baits you're making yourself look so much like slammers.

Must be awesome catching hogs with self made Swimbaits.

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:42 am

looking good. i still might hit you up to buy something.

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:43 am

You're as good a lure painter as you are a ball buster

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:56 am

that would make him the best painter on the site. Mwahaha

seriously the R2S looks so much better painted. Where do these people come up with their color schemes?

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:39 am

Rich what kind of paint do u use to paint them? As I'm a very experienced airbrush artist. I've wanted to do my own colors but was always afraid the paint smell wouldn't go away from the paint I usually use.my tracker topper will be custom painted as well. Twisted Evil

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:54 am

Fantastic paint job!!!

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:52 pm

Nice job Rich! Just a guess, but a big fan of the perch pattern? One of my all time favorite!

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:20 pm

Wow diggin the s-waver. Bet that's gonna catch some pigs. Deff picking up one of the new 200s when there in stock again

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:23 pm

I had already bought a few of those S-Wavers and was thinking of painting the tails a darker color. Not keen on the yellow/clear.

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:56 pm

Teamhookset: Createx airbrush colors then 2 coats of envirotex.

Roger: I like perch for about 80% of the water in New England. I think it is the #1 baitfish forage in those lakes. I am going to be getting another one and doing either Herring or rainbow trout.

Thanks to everyone for the Kudos

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:21 pm

I like catching bass on any lure that works. but catching one on a bait you make yourself.must feel awesome.

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:38 pm

Rich, Those look awesome !!! Btw I ran into someone who knows you today at Monponsett. When I told him I was on MAFF he asked if I knew Stratos. His name is Todd and he is in the Assebett Valley Bass Club.

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:58 pm

Note to new guy. NEVER ADMIT YOU KNOW STRATOS

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:00 pm

shawneramone

Note to new guy. NEVER ADMIT YOU KNOW STRATOS

Funny ! I was told the same thing about you! Lol..[/quote]

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:03 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links