jamesd

Rich, Those look awesome !!! Btw I ran into someone who knows you today at Monponsett. When I told him I was on MAFF he asked if I knew Stratos. His name is Todd and he is in the Assebett Valley Bass Club.

That was Todd Rourke a.k.a Thump!!! Good friend of mine and my 1st round opponent in The Grudge Match!!!

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:07 pm

stratos1966

Teamhookset: Createx airbrush colors then 2 coats of envirotex.

Roger: I like perch for about 80% of the water in New England. I think it is the #1 baitfish forage in those lakes. I am going to be getting another one and doing either Herring or rainbow trout.

Thanks to everyone for the Kudos

agreed. and i love the perch patterns.

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:08 pm

jamesd

shawneramone

Note to new guy. NEVER ADMIT YOU KNOW STRATOS

Funny ! I was told the same thing about you! Lol..

LOL, he catches on quick!! Very Happy

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:32 pm

stratos1966

Teamhookset: Createx airbrush colors then 2 coats of envirotex.

Roger: I like perch for about 80% of the water in New England. I think it is the #1 baitfish forage in those lakes. I am going to be getting another one and doing either Herring or rainbow trout.

Thanks to everyone for the Kudos

I already bought one of each. Hoping they work good!

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:40 pm

That's because people won't believe you know me. You need photographic evidence for that

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:31 pm

i have photos of you

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:48 pm

Yes you may name drop

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:15 pm

pocketfisherman

I had already bought a few of those S-Wavers and was thinking of painting the tails a darker color. Not keen on the yellow/clear.

Roger .... regular paints will not adhere to the soft plastic tails and baits. You need to use a powder paint called alumilite

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:55 pm

stratos1966

pocketfisherman

I had already bought a few of those S-Wavers and was thinking of painting the tails a darker color. Not keen on the yellow/clear.

Roger .... regular paints will not adhere to the soft plastic tails and baits. You need to use a powder paint called alumilite

Thank you for the info Rich! I have two of the perch pattern, so I'll leave one stock and paint the other. If there is no noticeable difference in success, then so be it.

Posted Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:14 pm

Those look great! Are the ones you made to be cranked down or for the surface?

Posted Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:42 pm

thelucky

Those look great! Are the ones you made to be cranked down or for the surface?

Thanks

I make both wakers and crank down.

Posted Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:05 pm

When will you start throwing some of those bigger wake baits that you make?

Is it ever too early? Or do you wait until it warms up a bit?

Posted Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:20 am

Really cool. Nice job.

Posted Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:14 am

jjbagoose

When will you start throwing some of those bigger wake baits that you make?

Is it ever too early? Or do you wait until it warms up a bit?

Some swimbait guys will tell you it's never too early. If you pick the right conditions and the right BOW they will work in water temps in the 40's.

Posted Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:38 am

stratos1966

Some swimbait guys will tell you it's never too early. If you pick the right conditions and the right BOW they will work in water temps in the 40's.

Thanks for the reply Rich.

I stocked up on some swimbait supplies this year and am eager to throw them. But I don't want to waste my time either.

Posted Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:41 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links