So, Although freshwater fishing is far more fun, I am looking to find out where folks are going for some salt water action. I mainly have fished in Gloucester, Hyannis, and New Bedford... looking for fish cod, cusk & cod. Please let me know of any (party boats or reasonable rated charter boats that knows how to find the fish???

Posted Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:46 pm

sorry, I gotta disagree you with freshwater fishing, and saltwater is more fun due unexpected what you will able to catch cod or something at bottom fishing.. (I pulled halibut, thresher, tunas, blue shark, and dusky shark during cod fishing trip.)

Anyway, my recommendation is that search for charter boat instead larger party boat. Since those charter boat will definitely put you into the fish. one trip that I recall, I had jig 100 times and caught 200 fish byself for 8 hours trip. (jig with teaser.. double fish every time..) while party boat put you into group of cods that you might have luck to get one or two out of all people that catching them..

for the price, cods' price trip tend between 800-1200$ but i would say search boat that offer much less 800 bucks. so that charter trip will be worth your time.. along with up to 6 people.. can't complain right there.. since you are bound to catch over 20 cods by yourself.. well worth the price...

p.s. larger party boat is meant Yankee, Capt John, and Helen Boat and they definitely put you to catch fish.. but not amount like charter boat will put you into catching them..

Posted Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:54 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links