hey guys,
After fishing the horn pond tourney & seeing boats fly past me. Thinking my trolling motor might be on its way out. Tried new battery with little difference in performance. Looked at BPS Prowler 45lbs for $150. Anyone have it & how do you like it? Saw mixed reviews on Prowlers. Same Minkota is about $230. Any thoughts? Thanks for input!

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:21 pm

how so? did you take it apart and check the prop to make sure there isn't gunk or line all twisted up in there? anyways, minn kota is good. i used to have a 40 lb Endura C2.

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:34 pm

Yes I did that, didn't help.

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:36 pm

sorry to hear that. i'm not sure about the prowler but in my experience, you get what you pay for. minn kota is very reliable and worth the extra coin.

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:56 pm

I have a 45 prowler and I have no issues with it. It is on the heavy side. You will also want to change out the prop.

I think the Prowlers are made by Motor guide

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:11 pm

kman

I have a 45 prowler and I have no issues with it. It is on the heavy side. You will also want to change out the prop.

I think the Prowlers are made by Motor guide

We definitely are not lightweights in stature and it moves us around without any issues! Besides, you got the cash now from the tourney win. Put it to fishing related use brother and enjoy the spoils of victory! Wink

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:19 pm

Those are very easy to work on, take it apart and make sure the bearing isnt gone and make sure the magnets make contact with the main coil. I bet you can down load the manual if your not sure how to take it apart.

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:39 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links