stratos1966

A little tip. " most" mid range and up spinning reels now a days come with an inline roller bering in the bail. With reels of this nature line should be spooled on as if it were a baitcaster. You do NOT lay the spool flat on the ground and spool up, you pull line straight off the spool as it spins. Stick a pencil in the spool and have someone hold the spool for you or buy one of the berkley spooling stations or buy one of the line storage boxes, they work great for this.

maybe thats why powerpro has instructions on the box to do it that way.

Posted Fri May 10, 2013 8:02 am

oldfisher

It all depends on what weights you are throwing. if you use small weightless plastics like I do you will get knots. and powerpro knots are the hardest to get out. I have been going round and round with braid on spinning reels for over 10 years and I am back to square one with spiderwire. for all the suffix lovers the reason it is well liked is because it is thinner per lb test so appears to perform better. but it barely exceeds its rated strength.

Yeah I do through a lot of weightless plastics. I too and going back to Spiderwire, have had no issues with the stuff.

stratos1966

A little tip. " most" mid range and up spinning reels now a days come with an inline roller bering in the bail. With reels of this nature line should be spooled on as if it were a baitcaster. You do NOT lay the spool flat on the ground and spool up, you pull line straight off the spool as it spins. Stick a pencil in the spool and have someone hold the spool for you or buy one of the berkley spooling stations or buy one of the line storage boxes, they work great for this.

I either have my 5 year old hold it with the pencil through the spool, or I will pencil/dowel the spool, hold it with my feet on each side so the spool still spins, and spool the reel that way, like this (hard to put into words)

But I have always spooled lines from the bottom with a decent amount of tension.

Posted Fri May 10, 2013 8:06 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links