Fished Flint Pond the other day..and sadly I was reminded how much ignorant people irritate me. Especially the fishermen who leave their trash all over the shores. I don't condone it from anyone, but really not from fishermen. We are people who should be taking care of our waters, who should be looking out for the welfare of the banks and the fisheries. Instead we leave cans of corn, fishing line, hooks, artificial baits, drink bottles..you name it all over the place.

I mean who here can honestly say they went out fishing and saw no trash...no fishing line, no worm boxes, no water bottles or beer cans...c'mon people pick it up, carry it out..respect the rivers/lakes/ponds and those who use them and live on them.

Posted Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:11 pm

wow that's really bad. Fishing line drives me crazy. I was cleaning up beer bottles and pringles cans the other day at my favorite spot. If we don't keep our waterways clean no one will. Shame on them

Posted Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:25 pm

I've seen a lot of trash, but that beats my worst day hands down. I always seem go home with a pocketful of line or other assorted crap, especially shore fishing.

Posted Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:05 pm

Yeah it was really bad..and these pics are during my fishing downtime. When I first arrived I carried a second bag out of the location...

I know, or at least hope, that the majority of this community are responsible so it is more like preaching to the choir...but I had to at least express my disgust at it Sad

Posted Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:18 pm

One place I've been fishing is the Charles river along some railroad tracks. It's a place kids drink, and there's bottles and cans all over the place, along with the torn lure packages. I went over there one day, and I found lobster shells along the path. I have to assume they brought the bugs over there and boiled 'em one night. You'd think they'd at least throw the shells in the water.

Posted Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:50 pm

Yeah its really a shame. It makes me extra disappointed when its lure packages because you KNOW it was someone fishing...

I know this might sound silly but what I try to do is pick up at least one piece of trash each trip. yeah sometime I'll round up a trashbags worth and bring it to a barrel but if I don't do that then I do the whole "take out what I took in +1" routine.

Posted Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:28 pm

yeah i always carry a second big black trash bag and pick stuff up
that i see

funny about that is the looks you get when u go and pick up others people trash other people think ur a moron for doing that

once i saw two young fellows trow their trash out at a spot so i picked it up and followed them down to the next dunkin took the trash and dumped it in the back of their truck when they were inside

they saw me came screaming at me and i just told them that they seemed to have forgotten something down the road

dumb faces with open mouths but not one word more

seems especially the agegroup 18 - 25 have that behavior and it makes me sad that their parents seem not to give them the proper education

also i get the funny looks when i pick up a penny or dime of the street but who fkn cares

Posted Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:46 am

That's funny i have done that too, handed someone there trash they threw out on the shore.
i f-n hate that crap

Posted Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:55 am

please be careful when cleaning up other people's trash. i was at Spot Pond fishing with some kids and one of them picked up a hypodermic needle. remember, no amount of environmental protection is worth Hep-C!

Posted Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:40 am

he is absolutely right leather gloves fTw - i lived in hamburg there's a needle on every corner a nice cut from broken glass can be a health risk as well

Posted Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:49 am

Yeah always safety first. Ive seen needles, condoms, tampon applicators, etc etc...nasty

Posted Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:09 pm

not an excuse but it would help to put up rather one more trashcan than none and postings in spanish and chinese

Posted Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:26 pm

skoda

not an excuse but it would help to put up rather one more trashcan than none and postings in spanish and chinese

...and Portuguese

Posted Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:42 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links