anybody have good tips for manchaug lake i have my next high school tourny there. i will be prefishing it alot but i would to know what to expect when i get there. thanks guys

Posted Wed May 08, 2013 3:35 pm

resisdents arent the friendliest, parking fee, lots of boat traffic (maybe not right now but after memorial day for sure), pressured fishing. beautiful lake though.

Posted Wed May 08, 2013 3:42 pm

I like that place! Haven't been back since the tournament we had in a monsoon there.

Posted Wed May 08, 2013 6:13 pm

pocketfisherman

I like that place! Haven't been back since the tournament we had in a monsoon there.

get anything good?

Posted Wed May 08, 2013 6:27 pm

i won it with just about 15 lbs, had a 4 1/2 lb kicker. my partner lost a donkey at the boat. theres big ones in there but that monsoon of a day worked in our favor. ive fished it on beautiful sunny days and its painful trying to get a good bite going. but i havent been there in over a year and a half so who knows now.

Posted Wed May 08, 2013 7:01 pm

If the suns up skip docks all day and you will be rewarded..otherwise just find a rock bottom and a drop-off...it fishes a lot like singletary lake..mediocore overall but a chance for a 5+ pounda

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 5:16 am

I grew up on Lake Manchaug. 30 yrs I spent on that body of water, even before they started putting Pike and Tigers in there. Fish the 2 islands out in the West Cove, 1 with the big house and that whole shore line from the west side around and then Blueberry Island with is out in front of Camp Blachard, but as mentioned, once the Boat traffic comes its there for the summer..

Great Luck to ya

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 5:40 am

yeah ill do my best boys hoping to keep the winning streak going i would love to win the junior nationals tournament in SC

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 2:33 pm

kamilfishes

yeah ill do my best boys hoping to keep the winning streak going i would love to win the junior nationals tournament in SC

What Lake? When?

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 2:38 pm

jbigun

kamilfishes

What Lake? When?

they havent decided yet they are probably going to tell us at the next tourny last year they were on lake lanier in georgia

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 3:27 pm

When you leave the ramp, you go out thru a chanel to get to the main lake. As you go out there are two rock walls, one on each side of the chanel. Both walls hold fish, and towards the shoreline are some big boulders. The water is shallow here but hold decent fish. Cloudy days with a Jig or a T.R. worm work well. Manchaug holds some big fish, but you will definatly have to weed thru the smaller ones. Shorelines are good areas to fish on this lake also. Watch out for the sand-bar, and rocks.

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 7:34 pm

bobpuge

When you leave the ramp, you go out thru a chanel to get to the main lake. As you go out there are two rock walls, one on each side of the chanel. Both walls hold fish, and towards the shoreline are some big boulders. The water is shallow here but hold decent fish. Cloudy days with a Jig or a T.R. worm work well. Manchaug holds some big fish, but you will definatly have to weed thru the smaller ones. Shorelines are good areas to fish on this lake also. Watch out for the sand-bar, and rocks.

thanks for the info and where to be careful i really appreciate it

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 7:50 pm

Don't pass up the river on the opposite side of the lake. Fish the entire bank on the left side and follow it as far as you can in. Lots of rock as you enter then lots of laydowns and a real shallow area with docks on your right. Make sure you trim up and pull up your trolling motor.

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 8:23 pm

The nationals are on lake Wylie not sure when but lanier last year was TBF this is the first year that B.A.S.S. has done the high school program

Posted Fri May 10, 2013 6:09 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links