So I'm on vacation for the next two weeks. Down in Chatham now, heading to Maine on Monday. Down here, there is a small pond in which I always catch big bass. Last year, on the same trip, I caught multiple 4-pounders and two over 5 pounds. And that's in addition to a ton of smaller fish. And this place is TINY!

I'll be filming over the course of the two weeks, but earlier today, to show a friend how small the pond is, I put together a short clip from my trip out yesterday. First time at the little pond this year, and as usual it was on fire. Caught a bunch of 2-pounders, one over 3, and a 4.11, which you can see in the video below (I hadn't even gotten into the pond yet; this is right at the shore, where I first sat in the kayak, and it's the second bass I caught sitting there).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t8BXeXIvlc[/youtube]

You can see the entire pond in this clip save for a small part down the back and to the right. And when I say small, I'm talking a sliver of water.

All the fish I caught came on the Slammer, the giant Whopper Plopper, and the frog. Not a great video, really, but cool enough, I guess. Next time I need to angle the GoPro down a bit so I get better footage of the actual fish.

Anyway, it's an amazing little pond. You can lap it in about two minutes. Crazy how many fish are in there.

Posted Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:21 pm

nice video and nice honey hole.

look forward to your future videos

Posted Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:29 pm

nice job. i'm struggling with the whopper plopper.

Posted Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:24 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links