RECREATIONAL BOATERS A.K.A. "THE WOO HOO'ERS" HAVE BEGUN THEIR MIGRATION TO A BODY OF WATER NEAR YOU, BASS FISHERMAN BEWARE!!!

FOR THOSE OF YOU NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE TERM "WOO HOO'ERS" IT IS DEFINED AS AND CONSISTS OF MULTIPLE PEOPLE, ONE BEING THE DRIVER OF THE VESSLE, MOST DEFINITELY DRUNK, POSSIBLY 2 TO 3 OTHERS ON BOARD, ALSO DRUNK, TOWING AROUND MORE DRUNK PEOPLE ON A TUBE AROUND WHO ARE ALL YELLING WOO HOO!!

THIS NORMALLY WOULDNT BE A PROBLEM, BUT THE PROBLEM BECOMES THAT THEY HAVE THE WHOLE LAKE TO DO THIS YET THEY INSIST ON CONTINUOUSLY CIRLCLING YOU AND THE AREA YOU ARE TRYING TO FISH.

IN THE PAST I HAVE FLAGGED BAOTERS DOWN, THEY APPROACH UNAWARE OF THE SLEW OF PROFANITY THAT IS ABOUT TO COME OUT OF MY MOUTH WHEN THEY ARRIVE.

RECIPE TO STAND YOUR GROUND AND MAKE YOUR POINT.

MIX ONE 1 OZ JIG WITH A VERY SHARP HOOK,
WITH 1 MEDIUM HEAVY ACTION ROD,
WITH 1 HIGH QUALITY BAITCASTER SPOOLED WITH HEAVY BRAID.

MAKE LONG REPEATED CAST DIRECTLY AT THEIR VESSLE UNTIL THEY (A) GET THE F*&CKING POINT OR (B) YOU ACTUALLY HIT AND POP THE TUBE.

NO MATTER WHAT STAND YOUR GROUND GAME WARDENS AND ENVIROMENTAL POLICE DO NOT LIKE DRUNK BOATERS!

Posted Sat May 26, 2012 7:41 pm

I have a beautiful 1/2 oz white bucktail jig with dead on accuracy for just what you describe. I had a run in at the nip last year with a knuclehead that thought going around the island was like seekonk speedway. He felt the bucktail! Victory is mine! Twisted Evil

Posted Sat May 26, 2012 8:29 pm

muffinman

I have a beautiful 1/2 oz white bucktail jig with dead on accuracy for just what you describe. I had a run in at the nip last year with a knuclehead that thought going around the island was like seekonk speedway. He felt the bucktail! Victory is mine! Twisted Evil

Way to go Muffinman!

Posted Sat May 26, 2012 9:19 pm

This public service announcement brought to you by MAFishFinder.com!

Posted Sat May 26, 2012 11:46 pm

Tis the season ...... for the idiots to hit the water.

Posted Sun May 27, 2012 6:11 am

This is the first wknd Exclamation Get used to it Exclamation This is the way it will be until Labor Day wknd Exclamation Laughing

Posted Sun May 27, 2012 11:58 am

This is why I love lakes and ponds with restrictions this time of year. No water skiers, tubers, and plain old drunk idiots. Never mind the jet skiers. Car topping is the way to go. All week I run around non stop and when I do get a brief chance to get out and fish I want peace and quiet.

Somehow I have to get out of this rat race and get more fishing in.

Posted Sun May 27, 2012 12:10 pm

Says the guys with large HP engines on their boats that go running high speed to get to the other side of the lake for that "ultimate" fishing hole...

Some of you bass guys are just as bad lol. I hold my ground on the lot of ya! Twisted Evil

I hate nothing more then spending 2 hours getting a swim full of 20+ pound carp to have some idiot come plunking his boat over it and scatter the fish...be they jet skiers, power boats or big ole bass boats zooming by...

I fish with 12 foot rods and typically 2-4 ounce leads...and I can cast very accurate at very long ranges...

Posted Sun May 27, 2012 4:01 pm

Wow,mixed responses here.I like to go early before the commotion starts.Of course it depends on your situation,tournament ,pleasure or just having fun fishing.These are annoyances we just have to deal with.It's when it becomes unsafe is when you draw the line and take action.

Posted Sun May 27, 2012 4:49 pm

I've seen it go both ways.

For the most part, the woo-hooer's stay in the center of the lake but you are right about the type of people that crowd attracts. Usually 30-40 somethings who still think they are in their college fraternity.

But I've also been on lakes/ponds where tourney fisherman hog boat ramps whether launching or pulling then have their weigh in right in front of the ramp like no other boat exists.

I'm sure most have been victim to one or the other....or both like myself.

Posted Sun May 27, 2012 6:51 pm

And recreational kayakers what think they own the Charles. I'm thinking of heading out with a nine foot saltwater pole, my heavy 302 Mitchell reel and some 30 lb line and reeling one in just to see what species they are.

Posted Mon May 28, 2012 7:07 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links