I used to use T-rigged 90% of the time, but after trying whacky my hookup ratio went way up.
Medium spinning rod, 8lb flouro line, small dropshot hook (never used the weedless whacky hooks but have never had a problem even in relatively thick vegetation). I also don't use an O-ring, figured worms are cheap enough anyway, but I bet it wouldnt be a bad idea to try out.
I used to use 6" senkos, but had a good run on 4" so it seems like thats my go to now. Any variation of green (watermelon/pumpkin) I also really like green with a little bit of orange mixed in to imitate perch which there seem to be a ton of where I fish. Dirt colored, and of course I also have black/blue which seems to be a staple when its dark/cloudy.

If I fish heavy pads I'll use Texas Rig and a light slip sinker... usually I'll peg the sinker using a toothpick. Heavy casting rod, braid... almost always the 6" worm. Cast, let it sit, bounce it into the bottom of the pads a few times and reel it in.

Posted Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 pm

hersey617

I personally find that the KVD Ochos fall, when T-rigged, the same way a normal worm falls when it's Wackly rigged.

Wacky rig an Ocho... killing em this week with this setup! Smallies and Largies.

Posted Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:09 pm

I Texas rig in weeds and lily pads with an offset shank hook and a lightweight bullet weight, and I wacky rig if I'm in a clearer area. I really like the wide gap finesse hooks for wacky.

I've noticed the fish in a lot of my shore spots are getting hip to senkos, but I have had lots of success with fat body crawfish soft plastics. All pumpkin and watermelon with fleks.

Posted Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:15 pm

Texas... There are so many ways to present it this way...

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:38 am

recently I found if you set you weedless system up using an off-set hook it works much much better than the straight bass hooks.for some reason alot more of the hook tip can be sunk into the worm.I can always tell when I nail a good rig because the hook will be almost INVISIBLE ...and I think it's too late for me to hold back my fishing secrets hahahahaaa. . . .

Posted Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:19 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links