"I fished that place (Fosters pond) all the time. Weekdays, weekends, nights. I never saw anybody else. Not even the locals that live on the lake. I made videos and posted reports. Every time out last season at least one other boat. On the weekend it was like a carptopper tourney. Just pounded."

I've going there for 30 years and it kind of sucks now. Not the fishing mind you, but some of the assholes that go there. I brought my son there last Summer, nice early morning trip. Came across two guys and a woman stuffed in what looked like a Crawdad ready to sink. No biggie, people are free to be stupid. My issue was they were loaded and didn't care that I was there with my 10 year-old boy. I'm no prude, I'm all for liberty & free speech, but these clowns took it to an extreme. That was my last trip to Fosters sadly.

***I'm in Buffalo for the weekend, NY Fish Finder appears to be a quiet place. Any MAFF members fish from shore on Niagara?***

Posted Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:40 am

fishingwithkids

"I fished that place (Fosters pond) all the time. Weekdays, weekends, nights. I never saw anybody else. Not even the locals that live on the lake. I made videos and posted reports. Every time out last season at least one other boat. On the weekend it was like a carptopper tourney. Just pounded."

I've going there for 30 years and it kind of sucks now. Not the fishing mind you, but some of the assholes that go there. I brought my son there last Summer, nice early morning trip. Came across two guys and a woman stuffed in what looked like a Crawdad ready to sink. No biggie, people are free to be stupid. My issue was they were loaded and didn't care that I was there with my 10 year-old boy. I'm no prude, I'm all for liberty & free speech, but these clowns took it to an extreme. That was my last trip to Fosters sadly.

I know exactly who you mean. They made that place their drinking hole and the same exact thing happened to me and my son. You could hear them dropping F bombs all day. They went there a lot too

***I'm in Buffalo for the weekend, NY Fish Finder appears to be a quiet place. Any MAFF members fish from shore on Niagara?***

Posted Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:48 am

To me "HOW" is MUCH more important the "where" Id rather you tell me how you caught your fish, under what conditions, on what bait and in what cover or structure. then I can take that info and apply it myself on my waters or new waters I might want to try.
With google earth you can zoom right in on 100s of lakes, ponds and rivers. You can find access points, weeds, docks, points. Now you go to the body of water loaded with self attained info and when you do well, you have yourself to pat on the back. No greater feeling in fishing when you try someplace or something and it works well.

I will gladly tell anyone how and why I am fishing the way I am and hope you can apply that info yourself.

Posted Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:54 am

I agree. The sense of pride I get from doing it all myself is like when a 2 year old figures how to potty like a big boy.

Posted Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:00 pm

shawneramone

I agree. The sense of pride I get from doing it all myself is like when a 2 year old figures how to potty like a big boy.

Posted Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:07 pm

stratos1966

To me "HOW" is MUCH more important the "where" Id rather you tell me how you caught your fish, under what conditions, on what bait and in what cover or structure. then I can take that info and apply it myself on my waters or new waters I might want to try.
With google earth you can zoom right in on 100s of lakes, ponds and rivers. You can find access points, weeds, docks, points. Now you go to the body of water loaded with self attained info and when you do well, you have yourself to pat on the back. No greater feeling in fishing when you try someplace or something and it works well.

I will gladly tell anyone how and why I am fishing the way I am and hope you can apply that info yourself.

that's what i try to put in my trips. people focus way too much on the where. and the word "senko."

Posted Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:56 pm

fishingwithkids

Thanks Shawn Evil or Very Mad

Posted Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:03 pm

stratos1966

shawneramone

I fished that place (Fosters pond) all the time. I made videos and posted reports.

WHITE LIGHTNING!!

Is white lightning broken?

Posted Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:57 pm

ajscustomrods

stratos1966

shawneramone

I fished that place (Fosters pond) all the time. I made videos and posted reports.

WHITE LIGHTNING!!

Is white lightning broken?

No way man! Still slaying em

Posted Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:00 pm

Ok maybe I came on a little strong and my point was missed.

I agree with Stratos that the "where" is not that big a deal, it's the how. If anyone has questions about deep water drifts at Quabbin, the mapped weedbeds in summer by my castable sonar at Wahusset, or some great rock reefs on the Merrimack near Chelmsford/Tyngsboro just ask me. I have listed plenty already. What you may catch fish with (frogs won't work) may not work there so what do I care if drunk peeps in a boat are there.

If you are protecting a small water body I have 2 questions;
1.) how long does that last you fishing it?
2.) Puddles cannot grow a number of big bass, enjoy the one or two

Anyways, here is my catch from the market; slow smoked petite pork roasts using apple wood:

Have a great weekend.

Posted Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:39 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links