frequently happens to me fishing at spot pond specifically. i see them cruising the shallows right by me. i usually offer a tube or a jig right in front of their face and they don't take it. haven't tried a senko yet or any topwater plugs. 50% of the time they bite, 50% they act like there's nothing there and slowly swim out into deeper water.

Posted Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:54 am

are you just telling us this? or is there a question somewhere in that

Posted Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:20 pm

Um, ya, the right in front of their face approach rarely works if anythink it spooks them, try leading them a little, like a toss 10-15 feet ahead of them, let them find it, its has to appear normal.

Posted Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:23 pm

and dont forget all those baits have beeen trown at them at one point - and as sinista said far out then in so they dont smell right what that is comming from -

at my starter times as angler i was seeing huge fish ( later found out carp) under my boat but would not bite

Posted Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:27 pm

cruisers can be difficult to catch especially in schooling along the shoreline. When you see them, they have seen you. However, if one bites, the rest of the 2 or 3 turned on will try to get a piece from the same lure, usually you caught one and see other two follows to the bank or boat. If you had 50% chance to catch them, then that's excellent in my opinion. Nothing to worry about that.

Posted Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:21 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links