Tuna said it well. I will add that you get what you pay for. Just like there are $200 rods and $200 reels as well as $20 rods and $20 reels, there are expensive baits and cheap baits. You can go out and buy a $ jerkbait or you can buy a $20 jerkbait. The $20 jerkbait is going to outperform the $4 bait under MOST conditions. There are some relitivly inexpensiveswim baits on the market but they fall apart easily, swim poorly and do not produce results.

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:40 am

stratos1966

Tuna said it well. I will add that you get what you pay for. Just like there are $200 rods and $200 reels as well as $20 rods and $20 reels, there are expensive baits and cheap baits. You can go out and buy a $ jerkbait or you can buy a $20 jerkbait. The $20 jerkbait is going to outperform the $4 bait under MOST conditions. There are some relitivly inexpensiveswim baits on the market but they fall apart easily, swim poorly and do not produce results.

Thanks for the replies, I can see it with the hand-made aspect of it.
I would never be afraid to try them, I do use 40lb 832 superline, only bent hooks when I get a snag. Its nice being able to graze over this valuable information on here, and the people more fortunate with their gear to provide such information.

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:17 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links