I've been hitting Furnace a lot these past couple of weeks as its an easy stop on my way home from work and its fun fishing as well. Tons of lilys and structure and plenty of good coves.

I've caught tons of fish there but haven't been able to break the 2.5 lb mark yet. I've been catching most near lilys, running plastics like worms and crawfish over the lilys then letting them fall. Also, I got a few with the frog. I'm gonna swing by there tomorrow, perhaps luck will change and I'll get a good one. Plus, it'll be raining so those damn jet skiers wont be out.

I know a ton of you guys fish there so if you see me in the green kayak come say hello!

Posted Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:51 am

Was there few hours this morning,had 5 keeper largemouth, biggest was 3 lbs 1 oz,got them on worms,just posted pic.

Posted Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:27 pm

haha, I just commented on the picture about how nice the spot looked, turns out its where i fish too.

Posted Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:35 pm

I've been fishing there the past few years and I don't think I have got one over 2.5 lb. Got a couple of 3lb picks ice fishing though!

Posted Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:09 pm

I got a a bunch of 2 pounders one 3pounder one a little over4 pounds last Saturday at Furnace. I have been there many times and this was prob the best for weight of best 5 I have ever done there. The bigger ones usually move up into the thickest pads u can find. U gotta smash threw them with a 1 oz tungsten and creature bait.

Posted Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:03 pm

This the one in Pembroke? If so, why do people say it's better than Oldham?

Posted Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:46 pm

Its better for a frog/top water bite but not for size and quality. Also safer for your lower unit!!

Posted Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:29 pm

Thanks for the pointer jamesd!

It is right across the street from oldham, I've never heard someone say its better but I've never had luck at oldham either. Then again, I've only fished it a few times. I find furnace has more action but I know people who love oldham.

Posted Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:29 pm

I've never done real well at Oldham. It is just too much water to cover in a kayak. And when the wind kicks up it is just too wide open and no place to hide! Laughing

Posted Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:25 pm

I guess we all have places we don't do well at that others do. I love Oldham and usually do well there. I've never fished Furnace (didn't even know you could get a boat in there). We have a kayak tournament there on July 11, though, so I guess I'll get my chance soon. =)

Posted Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:29 pm

Tough place for a Sat. tourney! Skiers and jet skis run wild. You will find it quite annoying! But, it is their pond! Laughing

Posted Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:37 am

don51

Tough place for a Sat. tourney! Skiers and jet skis run wild. You will find it quite annoying! But, it is their pond! Laughing

I only like going there during the week, weekends can be brutal. A couple of water skiers can make it a tough day.

Posted Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:43 am

I always try and leave by 9:30-10:00ish on the weekends because of all the pleasure craft, upcoming tournament should be interesting!

Posted Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:51 am

There's a special place in hell for pleasure boaters. Haha.

Seriously, though. I'm not too bothered by them unless they get too close and make it dangerous to be in the kayak.

Posted Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:44 am

I figure i gotta get rid of all my lead weights so chucking 1 ouncers at jet skiers is a good way just kidding!

Posted Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:07 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links