wow - this bass almost looks deformed it's so thin. He could've been a 3 or 4 pounder if he had some girth to go with his length, but he was only about 2 pounds, and most of that was his head... Confused

I got him on what is becoming my most productive lure & color in my whole tacklebox - a watermelon with red/black flake Strike King Shim-E-Stick (like a Senko). It's outfished other colors by about 3:1. In fact, this was my last one in that color - gotta hit the store!

Posted Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:20 pm

yep, that thing is anorexic, feed that poor thing lol

Posted Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:02 pm

tony93

I got him on what is becoming my most productive lure & color in my whole tacklebox - a watermelon with red/black flake Strike King Shim-E-Stick (like a Senko). It's outfished other colors by about 3:1. In fact, this was my last one in that color - gotta hit the store!

Huh. Watermelon/red flake has been my most productive Senko color in the last month or so, too. Not sure why, although maybe because I keep going back to it and so it has many more casts...

Posted Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:06 pm

Wow that is one strange looking largey! It's coloring actually looks pretty good and its head structure does as well. I wonder if that fish likes to do laps around the lake and maybe thats why its so thin? Maybe a super fast metabolism? or i guess it just could be that it doesnt eat enough too...
Skinny bass aside, Strike King FTW! their stuff rocks.

Posted Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:45 am

my guess is that fish is being afflicted by some parasite or has an internal injury like a hook in its guts.It will still feed because its pure instinct and the will to survive.Most likely a dead fish swimming imo.

Posted Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:43 pm

I agree Bam. Same thing with the one posted in my trip. It could be a swollen plastic inside as well. Senkos are well known for killing fish who swallow them.

Posted Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:31 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links