I too have the 6.8 sellus and love it... Dicks also has insurance for all rods... Based on price ... So I have replaced all the rods,I broke nearly free of,charge.... It's worth the money for the insurance

Posted Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:45 pm

oldfisher

not a problem, put a new tip on it and it should be heavy enough to use for a jig rod.

Thank's I took your advice, and put a new tip on it. I used it for crank baits last night and it worked well. Now I have a second rod.

Posted Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:09 am

BTW, I love my new Shimano Sellus. I put my Shimano FX2500 reel on it ( I almost bought a Sedona 2500FD yesterday), and 8lb Seaguar InvisX on it.

Posted Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:30 am

There's a nice Abu Garcia cardinal spooled with brand new 30lbs power pro braid on a 7" Shakespeare rod at the bottom of eastern middle portion of farm pond Sad

Posted Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:47 am

stick with the cheap shimano spinning reels instead of the middle priced ones. you can get 2 sienna's for the price of 1 sedona. they are smoother too, I have some that lasted 10 yrs.

Posted Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:12 pm

oldfisher

stick with the cheap shimano spinning reels instead of the middle priced ones. you can get 2 sienna's for the price of 1 sedona. they are smoother too, I have some that lasted 10 yrs.

Thanks for another solid piece of advice.

It's funny, I prefer my Shimano FX2500FD to my Abu Garcia Cardinal c402i. It's not smoother by any means, I just like the feel of it better.

Posted Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:04 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links